Dead Space - woh ho!

Soldato
Ha, sorry about the delay :)
I haven't been able to play for a couple of days as I've been at my g/f's house :( In fact she's gonna be round tonight so I'm gonna have to play whilst she's asleep! I've been watching that animated film, Dead Space Downfall - it's very good! I'm looking forward to get back into the game.

Btw I'm a games programmer (well I actually write low-level tech, not the games) hence the work PS3 and the games library!

Play whilst she sleeps! SMASH HER PASTIE!!

lol, just ask her mate, order dominos and be like "hey, lets have a lazy eve in and eat dominos.... mind if i stick the 360 on?"

Simple win :)

ags

Permabanned
So I'm playing it on my PS3 at work at lunch today with a few bods around my desk watching me (my headphones are on) and I'm in an open-plan office. After the first monster that plays dead comes alive in front of me and I flail around trying to kill it I end up yelling "stamp on that ******!" across the office...not good!
I'm now playing on my PS3 at home, yet I just have to turn if off as I keep yelling "**** me!" at the screen, waking up my house-mates!
they must hate you.

Associate
OP
Play whilst she sleeps! SMASH HER PASTIE!!

lol, just ask her mate, order dominos and be like "hey, lets have a lazy eve in and eat dominos.... mind if i stick the 360 on?"

Simple win :)

ags
Hmm - I once broke out my PSP whilst she was watching Eastenders (can't stand the show) and I didn't get a good reaction! So I had to watch people arguing for half an hour instead.

Associate
I thought it wasn't very good when I first tried it on normal, but on the harder settings the monsters are actually tough and a real threat, makes it so much better if your actually worried about the monsters.

Soldato
I can't even complete the demo :confused:

The demo is rubbish, it's not indicative of what the actual game is like at all. Granted, it plays the same, but the full game has a great storyline and brilliant atmosphere, whereas the demo just makes it seem like a shallow and rather awkward "zombie/alien dismemberment game".

Associate
Great game and for £8.00 its a steal! one of those games I found easy to get into, dulled down on the playing now though, I might have to pick it up again one evening soon! :p

Associate
Tis a mighty good game
I hate the sections where you have to run away from the Uber regen monster that wont die

Hate the feeling of him behind me while im standing at a door screaming for it to hurry up and open :p

Soldato
Got hold of a copy of this and gave it a play after reading this thread, very good game now I've got used to having the bejesus scared out of me.

What weapons/upgrade strategy did you all go for?

I just used the plasma cutter all the way through on the 360. Got the achievement.

I felt good and to be honest I felt like I only needed that gun. I got max health aswell. Having just the plasma cutter also allows to sell the extra ammo for the other guns. For e-peens I did it on hard with just that gun too. :D

Soldato
My main complaint about this game is powering up your weapons,it simply takes too many slots to power them up.You'd have to go through it around 5 times I think to get them all fully powered:eek:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
My main complaint about this game is powering up your weapons,it simply takes too many slots to power them up.You'd have to go through it around 5 times I think to get them all fully powered:eek:

No you don't.

2 runs through and you can upgrade everything. I got the achievement for being maxxed out in the room before the final boss on my 2nd play through. And I wasted a good 4-5 nodes opening secure doors on my 2nd play through.

All you have to do is sell all the air-cans (as you NEVER EVER use them), stick to using a single gun the first play through and sell all ammo and gear you don't need.

Best upgrade path I found was to get your Suit health up asap, then a couple of air slots, then get your Plasma Cutter pimped as much as possible before finishing off your suit.

2nd play through just upgrade whatever guns you fancy using.

Remember you don't have to fill every slot on the upgrade screen, plan your node path and only use the bare minimum number of nodes required.

Associate
OP
I still didn't get to play the game at the weekend! I did see Pandorum though, which kinda put the willies in me (heh). For those who've actually played it, a couple of questions
- what's the point of the stasis/slow down thing? Do you use it on bad guys or simply on puzzles?
- I'm creeping through the game - how long will it take to complete the game? I've made it to the second level and it's taken me an hour.
- what's with the charging up air thing? How many levels actually have no air? Is it worth upgrading the air asap?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
- what's the point of the stasis/slow down thing? Do you use it on bad guys or simply on puzzles?

You can use it on enemies as well, good for when you are being swarmed and want to slow down a few while you deal with others. Also very useful for some of the bigger enemies later on.

- I'm creeping through the game - how long will it take to complete the game? I've made it to the second level and it's taken me an hour.

About an hour/level will be the norm on your first play through, will take you a good 11-12 hours worth of play.

- what's with the charging up air thing? How many levels actually have no air? Is it worth upgrading the air asap?

Levels with Vacuum areas increase as the game progresses, it is worth upgrading air to make those easier so you aren't trying to fight/do something and having to rush back for air refill all the time.

Don't bother upgrading your air until you have your HP and some gun upgrades though, you really don't need the extra air until later in the game, and even then you can do it without any upgrades, it just makes it easier if you have upgraded it.

Back
Top Bottom