Deadpool (2016)

Soldato
Watched it at home today. Pretty standard action flick. Raised the odd smirk/smile but nothing hilariously funny. Reynolds was decent and I thought the British fella was quite a good actor but his role sucked.

Soldato
Watched it at home today. Pretty standard action flick. Raised the odd smirk/smile but nothing hilariously funny. Reynolds was decent and I thought the British fella was quite a good actor but his role sucked.

What set up have you got? some films warrant the cinema experience.

Soldato
What set up have you got? some films warrant the cinema experience.

60' Plasma, surround sound. Cinema style seats.

It did look amazing and even the girl I was watching it with commented on how good it looked. And these things usually go over their heads in my experience.

Not a bad movie by any stretch and will certainly watch the sequel, but I feel it's the same substance wrapped in a different package. Save the girl captured by the bad guy that done him wrong, big final battle destroying everything in a 3 mile radius, finally gets the girl in front of him who slaps him for 'putting her through all of this and lying to her' before falling into his arms.

I liked the 4th wall stuff and you can tell the producers didn't take it serious as a complete action flick.

I'd recommend it to anyone

Caporegime
You should have asked me what you'd think of it, would have saved you the trouble of actually going to watch it. Yes, you are that predictable.

This is a particularly stupid post. Lets say for arguments sake that you could have predicted how much I'd like the film.... does that mean I shouldn't watch it?

I know everything that happens in the Matrix, I have an opinion of the film yet I still watch it from time to time. An opinion of a film is one thing and it's a totally different experience to actually watching a film.

I watch films I believe I probably won't like and ones I believe I'll love, after watching I form an opinion based off the viewing, it's entirely separate to the act of watching a film.

I could have predicted how much I'd like it before I watched it. I saw no adverts for it, I know a little about deadpool and like Ryan Reynolds, I still felt this film would likely be over rated with people getting over excited about an 'edgier' more adult superhero film. It's a decent enough film, it's just not great with as Regulus said it's an entirely bland storyline. It was predictable as hell and the oldest story around. For all the Deadpool isn't like other heroes.... in this film he was exactly like other heroes he just said more post watershed words.

I didn't get much of a twisted vibe, I felt that they used rude words and the odd whacking off joke to seem adult and edgy without really being either.

That said as my previous post it had a lot of origin story which reduced the time available for a more complex or original story line. Guy gets powers, girl he liked but isn't with gets taken, guy saves girl, the end. People seem to have been far to distracted by the swearing to notice the incredibly bland, predictable and done so many many times before plot. Sue me, I'm more about the plot and the overall film than a couple of gimmicks.

Regardless of how I feel about it afterwards I still wanted to watch it.

Back
Top Bottom