Deadpool (2016)

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
AtX4ND5.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431045/
Release Date: 12 February 2016

I think this deserves a proper official movie post, rather than all that talk about test footage ;)

So I see with filming now underway Ryan Reynolds tweeted today a pic of him in the final Deadpool outfit (thank god no CGI like Green Lantern). "With great power, comes great irresponsibility"

The test reel did seem pretty good (for a pitch concept originally made in 2012) and he did play the mouthy Wade Wilson character well in Xmen Origins: Wolverine, before they created their abomination of a version of Deadpool. :mad:

Still a lot of debate about whether it'll be PG13 or R rated, nothing official yet. Hopefully if it does turn out RG13 there'll at least be an Uncut version on disc release :)

O' here is the test footage in case you missed the leak last year.

Fingers crossed they'll listen to the fans, seeing as the reaction to the leaked footage got the movie it's green light!

Caporegime
Didn't realise what a joker this character was until seeing a recent Comicstorian Dead Pool vs Carnage. Look forward to it, it does seem suited to RR but his last two superhero portayls weren't exactly great.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
We just need to forget wolverine ever happen :)

Looks good yeah glad its not all CGI, although its a bit bright red perhaps a darker red would have set the tone a bit more would not have been a marvel fan if I did not complain at least once....

Soldato
I understand a movie is to make money but I think they will alienate a lot of fans if they try to get a low age certification. Deadpools humour is not appropriate for anything lower than a 15 at least.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I understand a movie is to make money but I think they will alienate a lot of fans if they try to get a low age certification. Deadpools humour is not appropriate for anything lower than a 15 at least.

Pretty much nailed it, DPs humour is 15 only, violence is his humour but then again they maybe able to push the envelope a little here and there kinda bit like Dark knights PG rating.

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
OP
My understanding is to get a PG13 you're limited to the amount of times you can say **** or **** or ****. Once or twice seems to be ok, but I don't know how they're going to chop a proper Deadpool script down to this level without making it something it's not. It's clear Ryan Reynolds loves the character since he's been linked to it for so long. Lets hope he's not sold-out just to get the movie made!

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Following the first official photo that debuted last week, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds posted a new picture on his Twitter showing off his “guns” for the role. In addition, a user asked if the film would be rated R or PG-13, to which Reynolds responded: “I want Deadpool to be R. Always have. Fighting the good fight still. Lotta yelling today.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ool-muscles-wants-film-to-be-rated-r#/slide/1

Soldato
I reckon they could make it work with a PG-13 rating. They just need to make the rating a running joke throughout the film, with Deadpool addressing the audience, moving the camera, pulling a blinds down over the screen etc. Implied violence can be effective.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I reckon they could make it work with a PG-13 rating. They just need to make the rating a running joke throughout the film, with Deadpool addressing the audience, moving the camera, pulling a blinds down over the screen etc. Implied violence can be effective.

And the worst part is your right I have a feeling they will want more viewers=more money they probably will go the humour route and pull camera away or be suggestive in 'violence' will loath it and at same time put up with it.

Associate
Following the first official photo that debuted last week, Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds posted a new picture on his Twitter showing off his “guns” for the role. In addition, a user asked if the film would be rated R or PG-13, to which Reynolds responded: “I want Deadpool to be R. Always have. Fighting the good fight still. Lotta yelling today.”

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...ool-muscles-wants-film-to-be-rated-r#/slide/1

That i can get behind, now the question is do we get Joe Kelly "I joke because I'm crippled by what they did to me" Deadpool or a Daniel Way-esque outright clown Deadpool.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Ryan Reynolds Confirms Deadpool to be Rated R!

Short interview on youtube search for "Ryan Reynolds Addresses the Deadpool PG-13" but please note its an R rated video which contains swearies.

Last edited:
Soldato
Damn, I only watched the 1st half of that youtube link before the bailing as I hate fake American "wow you're so amazing" sentiment during interviews.

Kinda feel a bit stupid now :D

Soldato
That is an awesome youtube link... but it has swearies.

So ****ing what if it does? The OcUK website itself sells clothes emblazoned with swearwords. Nearly every link to a movie or game review contains swearing, whether that be in the article itself or in the comments section below.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom