Death Stranding

Soldato
He has severe mental health issues or is just a really bored troll, I personally suspect he is a previous member. Either way, one of only two people on my ignore list which for the time I have been here is good going.

Soldato
He has severe mental health issues or is just a really bored troll, I personally suspect he is a previous member. Either way, one of only two people on my ignore list which for the time I have been here is good going.
not a bad shout, I'm going to have to put him on the Ignore list also, cant have more games being ruined for me.

Soldato
Already on my ignore list for being a bell, thankfully.

Started Death Stranding last night....thought it looked perhaps a bit too weird, but actually it's right up my alley, just the right amount of sci-fi weirdness and intrigue. Better sci-fi and acting than most of the dross on TV.

I don't even mind if the whole game is just wobbling around trying to not fall over interspersed with talky bits. Loved it so far.

The opening scenes, with the CD team, just ace sci-fi. I'm not even mad that Raised By Wolves has turned to lol-mode in season 2, Death Stranding is miles better.

Soldato
Already on my ignore list for being a bell, thankfully.

Started Death Stranding last night....thought it looked perhaps a bit too weird, but actually it's right up my alley, just the right amount of sci-fi weirdness and intrigue. Better sci-fi and acting than most of the dross on TV.

I don't even mind if the whole game is just wobbling around trying to not fall over interspersed with talky bits. Loved it so far.

The opening scenes, with the CD team, just ace sci-fi. I'm not even mad that Raised By Wolves has turned to lol-mode in season 2, Death Stranding is miles better.

If you like it so far you'll really like it as it progresses.

Tip - put some effort into building roads, makes things so much easier later in the game, even if you only build a few to get to main areas faster.
Tip 2 - Beware of walking through water, nothing worse than watching your precious cargo get washed away if you take a stumble in fast moving water.

Man of Honour
Got it for £12 yesterday and gave it a couple hours play through and so far quite enjoying it, very cinematic and the visuals are very impressive for an in-house engine. I did some reading on the director's cut where Kojima spoke about the engine and PC improvements etc. His team state that when a CPU isn't being taxed, it will utilise multiple idle cores to do other stuff amking the performance and experience all efficient.

SysUsage_ds_2022_12_11_03_35_58_158.jpg

I can see what they mean by that, 12700KF hitting up to 65% package use, even the E-cores are getting a share of use. Performance is excellent, without using DLSS it's like 170fps but the engine is capped at 240fps max. For my RTSS lock at 120fps the GPU is basically whispering along. So right now Doom Eternal and this appear to be two in-house engines with supreme levels of optimisation and multithreaded shared efficiency compared to any other cross platform engine.

I also tried out the upscalers available and have to say it but FSR2 Quality or XeSS Ultra Quality appear to be the most detailed. I think FSR2 edges sharpness slightly, but around distant chain-link fences you can see some noise even when the camera is static whereas XeSS UQ has no such noise, probably due to the very slight drop in sharpness vs FSR2. NIS Ultra Quality is available too and that's the sharpest of the lot, but it also introduces jaggies on angle straight lines like pavement kerbs and road markings at a distance.

more games need to have XeSS and FSR2 as options too. Framerate between all 3 upscalers is pretty much identical in this engine. Even native raster offers the same framerate, but the upscalers offer a cleaner and more detailed image.

No idea what the backstory so far is though lol...

Man of Honour
I loved this game, unique, full of surprises. After decades of gaming it’s rare to come across something so imaginative and fresh. Can’t wait for the sequel. It does need some patience and thought at times though. I actually quite like that there are plenty of times where Kojima ***** with you too :p

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I had a go of this on the PlayStation 4 Pro when it came out, was alright, but felt I would be spending my valuab gaming time playing something else and moved on after a few hours. 50/50 on whether I should jump in now. Might do once I complete all my games I have on my play list now.

Man of Honour
I thought that balancing thing was annoying, but accurate, so was quite impressed at the same time at that level of detail :p The way he stumbles around is really realistic too I thought though.

How the heck to I escape the cremation building though, keep getting eaten :o

Back
Top Bottom