• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Decent generic 12VHPWR adapter cable?

Soldato
So can you buy decent 12VHPWR adapter cables, like the ones you get with some 4000 series cards?

I see lots of the cables for specific PSUs but are there any that you can just plug 6/8-pin PCIe cables into?
I see Akasa do one and it's a right-angle one, which seems like a good idea, except it looks like it would be impossible to remove as you wouldn't be able to reach the release tab.

Sure you can buy them.

But, I'm not sure I'd trust a third party cable, I'd rather just buy a 12v-2x6 cable intended for my specific PSU that bypasses the need for 8-pin PCIE extensions.

Last edited:
I really think its a lot better to buy the one for your PSU. Not like it's expensive, considering the fire risk if you get it wrong!!

I mean if melts and damages your PSU, who do you blame? At least if the are one manufacturer there is no argument.

Last edited:
What if your PSU doesn't have a specific cable? Because that's absolutely a thing (I have 2 of them).

That would've been my first choice, but it's not an option. The other option is to spend £150 on a new PSU.

What if your PSU doesn't have a specific cable? Because that's absolutely a thing (I have 2 of them).

That would've been my first choice, but it's not an option. The other option is to spend £150 on a new PSU.
What PSU have you got?

CableMod do extensions but need 3 x 8/6 pin or you may be lucky and they have a dedicated replacement cable for your PSU.

You can check on their website for compatible cables.

Back
Top Bottom