DELL 2407 Arrives at OcUK!!

Man of Honour
Shocky-FM said:
Thanks, I can see it a bit clearer in the examples you posted but still not 100% sure what i'm looking for even after reading your post.. I'll stick to games I think... :)

if you don't see it, don't worry about it! There is FAR too much worry about the "banding issue" when for the majority of users it is so minimal or not noticable in A01 anyway! Maybe this will help show you what it is:

gradient2_dell2007wfp.jpg

on this picture, after the lines with the deliberate big blocks, the next row should show an even gradient where the colour blends smoothly from one to the next. Instead (and this is from the early versions of the 2007WFP), the colour changes show in defined blocks or "bands". This is clearly a problem on this model pictured and even became obvious in gaming. From the pic you posted about the issue is not really evident, and if you can't notice any blatant stepping of the colours then i would not worry about it. Don't go looking for problems which just don't matter to your use anyway! :)

Associate
Baddass said:
There is FAR too much worry about the "banding issue" when for the majority of users it is so minimal or not noticable in A01 anyway!
Definitely. It almost reminds me about the situation when people are buying the latest graphics cards just to bench them and they are worried because it's showing 100 3D marks less. ;)

Baddass said:
Maybe this will help show you what it is:
Yes, this may be the "bad banding" reference. Sometimes, it's so difficult to describe the colour bending by using "words" ;)

Soldato
Ok I have just got this badboy setup :> Loving it already and just fiddling with gridlines. Few things:

It is a revision A01 and I haven't seen any banding
It does look marginally squint on the stand but I actually had to look hard - in normal use it looks fine :)
The screen is huge :D (this is coming from a former 2x17" dual screen user :o)

So far I'm impressed - gotta try some games now :)

Associate
I still think if the panel has banding then it needs to go in the bin. In my book... £760-1000 should buy you a 24" monitor that has it all. Until one falls into the market place, im not buying any second rate goods. I dont think its fair to say "you wouldnt have noticed the banding anyway if you didnt know about it". The fact is the first thing anyone is gonna do is load up a gradient picture (and rightly so). I expect zero defects and Dell havent achieved that, they dont care, they just want your money, and its about time a competitor commenced on a serious campaign of Dell ownage.

Associate
hi guys,
just been playing on my 360 through my 2407 and to be honest the image quality is pretty dire. I am using standard component cable that came with the 360 and they are going directly into the monitor. I have it switched to HDTV, and I also have reset all the default settings on the monitor. The 360 is set to 720p.
When I say the image quality is poor, I mean everything seems to have a green tinge to it, there seems to be no definition in edges, and the overall contrast and brightness seem ridiculously off.
The banding is very noticeable in the 360 boot up screen and dashboard too.

not impressed at all. Have tried a variety of games and its all the same :confused:

Soldato
MDPlatts said:
still no pics been posted :D

Parents + all cameras in the house + 3 weeks in Canada = no piccies :(

Unless you want one from my mobile which is awful :(

Oh on the banding issue - looked at several pics and played 2.5 hours of games - not one problem and no sign of ghosting either...

SiN Episodes: Emergence @ 1920*1200 + 4xAA + 8xAF = awesome :D

(A64 Opty 165 @ 2.3Ghz, 2GB RAM, 7800GT)

Last edited:
Associate
right, just taken some pics, bear in mind the image quality of the camera (canon ixus 40) and lack of a flash it may blur out definition, but it gives an idea.
16319563821.jpg

16319574764.jpg

and a shot of my 360, note how dark it looks, plus the definition of the edges and overall quality of this dashboard doesn't look as good as it did on my Bravia, though take into account its set at 720p. Zoom in on the image if you can and you may see the banding in the background colours. The image is in focus as the edge of the monitor is sharp, its just the lettering looks blurry and not what it should be.
16319591679.jpg

Associate
2407 arrived and set up :)

Purchased from OCUK, It was MISSING A POWER CABLE... OMG :o However they were ******* quick at delivery, ordered yesterday evening, here first thing this morning. Stoke to Essex in 1 night :)

FULLY star your swearing.

Otacon

Permabanned
Is it just me or do these 2407s seem to leaning a little to the right ? :(

I measured the height it does seem to be level.. (yes im sad)... Why does it look like to leaning to one side :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Shocky-FM said:

I measured the height it does seem to be level.. (yes im sad)... Why does it look like to leaning to one side :confused:

Not really sure - mine certainly is off a little but when I actually use it and stop staring at it like an idiot I forget about it :)

Man of Honour
Shocky-FM said:

go back a little bit in this post, it has been discussed. Some of the Dell models do this, due to the pivot function and where it sags a little

Permabanned
I was just reading the earlier posts, but I even tried a putting a level on top... the screen intself is level but for some reason doesnt look it.. Oh well... :o

Last edited:
Associate
Yannic said:
2407 arrived and set up :)

Purchased from OCUK, It was MISSING A POWER CABLE... OMG :o However they were ******* quick at delivery, ordered yesterday evening, here first thing this morning. Stoke to Essex in 1 night :)
Hi mate, any signs of the dreaded banding on your monitor?

Back
Top Bottom