DELL 2407 Arrives at OcUK!!

Associate
nam said:
Got mine today at work, its got a Rev A02 built in Czech Republic sticker. Will Post pics later when i get it home :)

Well what's taking you so long, did you actually go to the Czech Republic to buy it or something :p Me wants photos now.

Man of Honour
FartBandit said:
Any idea when OCuk are going to be getting in the A02 revision? Im not parting with my cash until I can get hold of one for sure :p

afaik they have the A01 from initial shipments. Since the A01 = A02 from reports, there isnt really any need to wait is there?

nam

nam

Soldato
5tephen said:
Well what's taking you so long, did you actually go to the Czech Republic to buy it or something :p Me wants photos now.

its still at work as it is a beast to carry home on the tube, will pickup tommorow and post some pics :)

Man of Honour
there's been no official annoucement or mention even of any changes, and from user reports, performance is the same. No massive changes like there was with A00 > A01

Permabanned
Baddass said:
there's been no official annoucement or mention even of any changes, and from user reports, performance is the same. No massive changes like there was with A00 > A01

But didnt A00 to A01 drastically reduce banding on desktop mode and fix the blurry text? :confused: :confused:

Man of Honour
Shocky-FM said:
But didnt A00 to A01 drastically reduce banding on desktop mode and fix the blurry text? :confused: :confused:

yes, A00 > A01 WAS a massive change, with Faroudja video processing turned off in "desktop" preset mode which helped drastically reduce banding. Text blur was fixed at this time as well thanks to the new firmware. I'd said "No massive changes like there was with A00 > A01" meaning there were massive changes with A00 > A01, but no massive changes with A01 > A02 :)

Permabanned
Baddass said:
yes, A00 > A01 WAS a massive change, with Faroudja video processing turned off in "desktop" preset mode which helped drastically reduce banding. Text blur was fixed at this time as well thanks to the new firmware. I'd said "No massive changes like there was with A00 > A01" meaning there were massive changes with A00 > A01, but no massive changes with A01 > A02 :)

Ahh, Sorry.. That makes sence... I should probably start reading posts before I hit reply... :p

Soldato
Well mine arrived yesterday (which was my birthday so that was nice :D). It's an A02 revision and there is still visible banding in the desktop mode. I don;t fin it a massive problem as this monitor is for gaming and CAD work. I did take some pictures but they came out poorly so I'll take some more this afty. Changing to the other modes does introduce more banding and tbh I can't see much of a need to change from the desktop mode. There's no visible ghosting in games and I'm well impressed with the gaming experience. I'll see how Dell deal with the banding issue and if they do sort it I can always look at replacing it under warantee or something in the future, although tbh I doubt I'd bother :)

Associate
tmileson said:
If it supports 240v it should be fine - just needs a UK plug on the power cable

Perfect!!! Thanks for that answer!

Just purchased it for $839.90 USD which is £ 461.43 GBP :)

I think that makes £542.16 in total after taking in account the tax added in customs...

Should be with me in the next 7 - 10 days. (could have paid $769.90 but I cba to wait 3-6 weeks for it)

Wohoooo! My pr0n movies (and my gaming) will look so much better now. :) I will fully utilise my monitor :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom