Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Soldato
OMG there's 10+ of these in the clearance section :eek: that says a lot to me!

I was actually thinking of buying this Dell, so if I buy this (gamble) from OC and I find it not to my standard will I get a full refund??

Only if not to your standard can be easily construed as faulty i would have thought.

I'd get confirmation before ordering.

Soldato
Because of the offer around Christmas, lots of people ordered them. And subsequently. there are more returns. The same thing has happened with gaming chairs and other items before IIRC.

Some people will send one back if it has a dead pixels (understandable) and some will notice a tiny scratch on the back and its automatically the worst monitor ever.

Maybe some were expecting more than what they got. Look at the GTX970 and its VRAM thing. If you saw that many in B Grade when all that happened, would you order one? Its a great card at the end of the day and highly recommended in these forums.

This is a great monitor, my first was unlucky (courier damaged) but I like to think it would have been fine otherwise. You take a risk on all PC components and this is one that is easily fixed/replaced if it is faulty (if you have your old monitor, then you can still use your PC). All you would have lost is a week.

Soldato
Because of the offer around Christmas, lots of people ordered them. And subsequently. there are more returns. The same thing has happened with gaming chairs and other items before IIRC.

Some people will send one back if it has a dead pixels (understandable) and some will notice a tiny scratch on the back and its automatically the worst monitor ever.

Maybe some were expecting more than what they got. Look at the GTX970 and its VRAM thing. If you saw that many in B Grade when all that happened, would you order one? Its a great card at the end of the day and highly recommended in these forums.

This is a great monitor, my first was unlucky (courier damaged) but I like to think it would have been fine otherwise. You take a risk on all PC components and this is one that is easily fixed/replaced if it is faulty (if you have your old monitor, then you can still use your PC). All you would have lost is a week.

Indeed, though just trying to get a black and white answer to "If i find any of these issues with it would it be swapped out free of charge". If the answer is yes, i'll take the gamble.

Associate
Indeed, though just trying to get a black and white answer to "If i find any of these issues with it would it be swapped out free of charge". If the answer is yes, i'll take the gamble.

Nail on the head, i would be pretty annoyed that i would have to pay out for shipping on faulty goods :(

End of the day what ever on-line dealer is selling faulty goods they should be claiming any money lost back to the manufacture THEN and only then said manufacture would realise how much money there paying out for there faulty goods.

GRRRrrrr

Associate
I've had mine for a few months now! and my god I love it! it's amazing!

I've had mine for a month and I love it too, excellent for gaming.

Thank you both, i hope it's a good one also! Oh and don't get me started on video cards, upgrading was my first though after clicking order :D

What do you currently have? I have a GTX 980 and was thinking I might have to upgrade it for 1440p, but the G-sync really helps with this card and I'm not planning to upgrade now until the next rounds of cards from both sides are out.

Associate
Well these last two comments really cement what others have been saying on this thread " keep the GPU and but the Gsync monitor "

Trying to sell some stuff on the bay first to get money is like robbing Peter to pay Paul in my house :)

Soldato
Nail on the head, i would be pretty annoyed that i would have to pay out for shipping on faulty goods :(

End of the day what ever on-line dealer is selling faulty goods they should be claiming any money lost back to the manufacture THEN and only then said manufacture would realise how much money there paying out for there faulty goods.

GRRRrrrr

Basically is appears to be this:

If the monitor is faulty: RMA process, you shouldn't have to pay for anything.
If the monitor isn't to your liking but not considered faulty: Send back within 14 days and receive a refund excluding delivery/courier.

There's a grey area on what's considered faulty so will always be a risk factor.

Back
Top Bottom