1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by ree, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Rusko187

Hitman

Whilst not this model I come into a bit of extra cash and through selling my Acer Predator Z301c I've bought 2 S2716DG monitors, wanted to move away from an Ultrawide monitor and make the step up on a solid performing 1440p 144mhz monitor. I'm looking to do my streaming both console and PC so thought nuts to it and bought 2.. maybe overkill but hey ho.

Wife wasn't impressed but never mind.

2. ricid

Gangster

How does this look with scaled 1080? I need a 1440/27" monitor fairly urgently for work, but occasionally game as well. I can't afford to upgrade my gfx card to something that would cope with the increased resolution right now, but tend to keep monitors for a decade or more. Does this look passable at 1080? I'm not sure how high ppi has to get before non-integer scaling doesn't look terrible.

3. Sparx

Wise Guy

Has anyone had issues enabling G-Sync on a 970 (or 9xx series card)? My Nvidia CP is not giving me the option. I have tried the below.

Although looking on Google I now wonder if 970 is compatible with 'Freesync monitors compatible for Gsync' there is mention it's for 1xxx series cards upwards only?

Using Displayport cable
    Installed the monitor's display drivers
    Updated and reinstalled Nvidia drivers (clean install)
    Rebooted PC itself
    Disabled Freesync and re-enabled on the Monitor

4. DereksDontRun

Hitman

yup, only 10## and 20## cards only. I'm a 980ti owner and it's a little annoying, and I'm hoping for a hack sometime (that doesn't need a 2nd ati card), but some have said it's due to the displayport version on the 9## series being too old.

5. Picoooka

Associate

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  6. Teh_Next

Hitman

Happened once or twice with me, it only happens when the monitor is overclocked to 155hz. Running 144hz should see it okay.

7. Picoooka

Associate

Thanks for reply i will try 144hz

8. Zico

Mobster

I've had the same warning a couple of times (DoM: November 2018, running at 155hz), the one time I think it happened after the screen went into sleep mode (set to 15 minutes). I've found that simply powering the screen off then on again resolves things.

9. Picoooka

Associate

Yes, it's just off / on and the problem is resolved,but dell need fix this symptoms if he wants to be a serious player on the market.

10. Scotspaul

Hitman

I've had my monitor for a few weeks now and I am super happy with it, having been using it over HDMI.
    I have just purchased a display port cable though, and the monitor won't recognise it?

Anyone else experience this and have a fix/workaround?

11. Zico

Mobster

Dud cable? Using an Amazon basic's 3ft cable here and have no issues.

12. BaNksY IV

Hitman

So does this monitor do 144hz over hdmi? Thought it couldn't but it seems to let me set it to that? I'm confused

13. Picoooka

Associate

Yes HDMI 2.0 in box support 144hz.Gsync not only DP.

14. freddie64

Wise Guy

Happened to me a couple of times and not had it since running it at 144hz.

I thought it may have been because it's not officially supported by Nvidia.

15. BaNksY IV

Hitman

Cool cheers for that, could have sworn hdmi could only do 60hz but I guess 2.0 fixed that. Dp coming tomorrow anyway!
    Damn this is a nice monitor!

16. Scotspaul

Hitman

I'll be interested to know how you get on with the DP cable. I can't get mine to work, and it appears to be a common issue

17. ree

Wise Guy

the actual displayport faulty maybe? have you tried the reset input source option?

18. BaNksY IV

Hitman

Just plugged it in via dp and it seems to be working fine, just trying to find out how to make freesync work with the Nvidia card now

19. Davanius

Wise Guy

There maybe quite a variation when it comes to quality in DP cables so I wouldn't go too cheap.

I have an Accell certified cable which I bought a while ago that has been perfect on every monitor I've owned.

I have no issues with it on my monitor at all running at 155 Hz.

Dell should have put one in though.

20. ree

Wise Guy

i have the exact same vesa certified cable and it's been faultless. think a lot of folk overlook the quality of cables out there. definitely agree though dell should've included a dp cable.