DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Soldato
Just FYI during the review I spent about 3 hours fiddling about with the 'Offset' controls to try to correct gamma without upsetting the image in other ways. Mission was a failure. :D

Soldato
I nudged a couple of the settings in Gain slightly with custom colour. Made a positive difference, slight green tint in the default profile. Was surprisingly painless, I prefer not to stray to far from contrast/ brightness.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
me personally i think its the best pick of the bunch but i own it so there for probably biased. as long as you get a decent panel with no issues then your on to a winner imo.

Soldato
me personally i think its the best pick of the bunch but i own it so there for probably biased. as long as you get a decent panel with no issues then your on to a winner imo.

That's my big worry, to be honest - the panel lottery. Receiving/returning multiple monitors until I get a keeper would be a non-runner for me personally, and it's the main reason I've put off upgrading my monitor for so long. On the plus side, coming from this 8 year old monitor (Samsung S23A700D, also a TN as it happens) means anything decent from the last year or so would be a visual upgrade.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
That's my big worry, to be honest - the panel lottery. Receiving/returning multiple monitors until I get a keeper would be a non-runner for me personally, and it's the main reason I've put off upgrading my monitor for so long. On the plus side, coming from this 8 year old monitor (Samsung S23A700D, also a TN as it happens) means anything decent from the last year or so would be a visual upgrade.

'touch wood' not many have complained about issues with monitor qc. completely up to yourself.. but i would give it a try and worse case it goes back if not happy.

Soldato
'touch wood' not many have complained about issues with monitor qc. completely up to yourself.. but i would give it a try and worse case it goes back if not happy.

Yeah, tbf most of the QC horror stories I've read seem to have been about other manufacturers and/or panel types. The majority here seem very happy!

Permabanned
Sure is a great monitor.
After a month or so with it I've found that I had to reset to factory as games were feeling slightly less smooth, kind of jittery. One reset and it's silky smooth again.
That could be me though, I've had my PC open every other night adding crap, fans, HSF's, more fans etc and that means a complete unplug of all peripherals and cables and moving the case out my cupboard.

Associate
Had this about two weeks now, its great. Only played with the gamma settings today and what a difference it makes, seems I was on 1.8 gamma default and after messing about for half an hour ive got it to 2.1-2.2 and the colors on this forum are so much better :D. Gotta try a game soon.

Soldato
Didn't see this thread before I bought my S2719DGF but will have to subscribe and read up on things.

Loving the screen so far. Massive step up from a 9 year old HP ZR24w IPS 60hz screen.

Soldato
Since I got this monitors i have only been playing Apex Legends, today I have turned on CSGO and it has got insane stutter :( I have tried limited the fps to 143 but no help.
Any ideas ?

Associate
As far as I'm aware you don't enable VSYNC either in the game or in NVCP. I can't take a screenshot at the moment since I'm not using a Freesync monitor at the moment but when I was, there was a section in NVCP under 'Display' that was called something related to GSync. In there you specify that you want to use G-Sync compatible (monitor is Freesync, not G-Sync, no?) and then you have to tick the box that says you want to enable it for this monitor even though the monitor is not detected as being compatible. After you do that you should find that any "information" type setting in the monitor will show the monitor as running at 2560x1440@whatever your FPS is.

If your FPS is lower than 144 (or 155) then freesync is working, if FPS is greater than the sync of the monitor then I'm not 100% on what happens, my understanding is that above the refresh rate of the monitor and you shouldn't get tearing anyway so it's a non-issue. My understanding is that FPS below the refresh rate of the monitor causes tearing, hence Freesync lowers the refresh rate of the monitor to match it and solves the problem.

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these monitors having tried a Hannspree 32" and the motion problems were bad enough to give me headaches.

Permabanned
As far as I'm aware you don't enable VSYNC either in the game or in NVCP. I can't take a screenshot at the moment since I'm not using a Freesync monitor at the moment but when I was, there was a section in NVCP under 'Display' that was called something related to GSync. In there you specify that you want to use G-Sync compatible (monitor is Freesync, not G-Sync, no?) and then you have to tick the box that says you want to enable it for this monitor even though the monitor is not detected as being compatible. After you do that you should find that any "information" type setting in the monitor will show the monitor as running at 2560x1440@whatever your FPS is.

If your FPS is lower than 144 (or 155) then freesync is working, if FPS is greater than the sync of the monitor then I'm not 100% on what happens, my understanding is that above the refresh rate of the monitor and you shouldn't get tearing anyway so it's a non-issue. My understanding is that FPS below the refresh rate of the monitor causes tearing, hence Freesync lowers the refresh rate of the monitor to match it and solves the problem.

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these monitors having tried a Hannspree 32" and the motion problems were bad enough to give me headaches.
That's just how you enable gysnc compatible mode, I would credit Smrtka as having already enabled gsyn/compatible mode, AFAIC you still need to enable vsync as you would per norm in nvcp, as per the rule of thumb. As matter of preference I've always stuck to it.

Soldato
Yes I am, based upon n that Reddit guide few pages back, is that a had thing?

Something to be said for trail and error. I would start with just the n.v panel and game settings. Turn v sync on in control panel, play in full screen, then borderless mode. Then repeat with adaptive sync turned off, then g-sync turned of etc.

Switch through the screen modes using each setting.

Then a repeat altering response settings in the o.s.d.

Go through every variation I can think of with the basics before introducing more complexity (further software) as its clearly going to become a headache to resolve at this point, as you are introducing more points of potential conflict and issue.

After playing with N.V. settings and o.s.d, I think I would look to the software of my mouse, enable/ disable. Just to rule that one out.

Back
Top Bottom