DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
You don't get a display port cable in the box unfortunately. But I am using display port via a 1.2a version cable and its fine although i'm still to test the overclock function.

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
am using dp at 144hz limited to 143 in radeon settings. av not even tried the 155.

i didn't even notice if mine came with a dp cable the box is up the loft so not checking now lol. i bought a vesa certified dp cable a little while ago so was no need for it anyway.

Caporegime
Got it today. I am very impressed. It is a bit bright and the blacks are not amazing, compared to my old IPS it is not great. But given I've had that for 8 years I imagine I've come accustomed to that. The colours though are great and after a bit of a tinker I think I've got a nice brightness balance. There's no noticeable banding and gamma shift is minimal really. If I can get another 8+ years out of this monitor I'll be very pleased. Then by that time I'm sure there will be some good improvements in monitors generally.

What I am so impressed by though is 144hz... where has this been all my life?! If I would have known how good it was I'd have changed an age a go! :D

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
yeah its excellent the jump up. glad your happy with it too. honestly i think most will be happy with it as long as they get a decent panel with no issues.

Associate
Currently using Standard preset with 35 for brightness and 75 for contrast. Only get indirect daylight around my home office space battlestation. Black is very well defined and colours still seem great too. Really impressed with how the colours scale. Every other TN I've tried has been stuck with a very narrow range for brightness/ contrast to get good colours.

I've enabled the 155Hz overclock and it seems to work. Although I'm not consistently hitting high enough frames rates in Planetside 2 to really test it properly. Will have to re-download Rocket League or something.

Must admit I think I've come away more impressed every time I've used the monitor so far. Definitely made the right choice. Thanks @ree for your early thoughts :)

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
np bud :)

am actually really surprised ocuk aren't stocking this as i think they would probably be quite popular especially now with nvidia supporting freesync too.

Associate
Thanks for the impressions guys. What I would like to know is how the black reproduction really is as there isn't a gamma setting on the monitor I think.

If it has very good colours which is common knowledge then the black level shouldn't be too bad.

Tell me how the black stabilizer works and can it be used to improve the black depth please.

I had the Asus 278QR and the Dell 2417DG both of which had decent black level for a TN.

According to this video the monitors Freesync floor is around 60 fps as that is where LFC starts. If that's the case then this monitor is a no go for me sadly unless the testing is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AcjL5hJvEc

Last edited:
Associate
I've been testing LFC today. The out of the box Freesync range is 40-144Hz over Display Port and it works perfectly on my RX VEGA 56.

Using the Overclock it seems the Freesync range is 42-155Hz over Display Port. Although I'm not sure its working perfectly. Capping the FPS to 40/41 sometimes shows 80/82, other times 40/41 - using the monitors On-screen display and comparing with RTSS.

Associate
I've been testing LFC today. The out of the box Freesync range is 40-144Hz over Display Port and it works perfectly on my RX VEGA 56.

Using the Overclock it seems the Freesync range is 42-155Hz over Display Port. Although I'm not sure its working perfectly. Capping the FPS to 40/41 sometimes shows 80/82, other times 40/41 - using the monitors On-screen display and comparing with RTSS.
What happens if you cap it to 50 fps like in the video?

Ree

Ree

Associate
OP
cheers for the above link i did a bit more calibrating and used some of that guys settings and it does look even better than i had it.

Soldato
Really tempted by the S2719DGF.

My monitor (U2412M) is about 6 years old now and fancy a upgrade.

Always gone for IPS screens, but considering i always sit in front of the thing TN should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom