Dell U2713 HM

Soldato
How do these things get past quality control? :/

It's a good job Dell has a decent warranty service! I dread to think of the amount of monitors they must get back.

Soldato
Number 5

This one is worse, not just confined to far left also goes right across the screen. You can see the safari window across it.

2eehk6o.jpg

Soldato
That is crazy four screens all with the same fault. I would seriously consider getting one from Dell as they should be a different batch.

If you use the link I posted above and register the screen to yourself they will exchange it for you I believe on your doorstep.

Soldato
That is crazy four screens all with the same fault. I would seriously consider getting one from Dell as they should be a different batch.

If you use the link I posted above and register the screen to yourself they will exchange it for you I believe on your doorstep.

5 not 4 :p

I am gonna keep it even though it's ****** up, so when the new Samsung comes out Il switch it through amazon.

Soldato
Ah right the S27B970D without its glass front! It should offer similar performance to the S27B970D but suffer somewhat less from reflections. So it should serve you very well and is worth the premium given the hassle you've gone through already. :)

Associate
I've just taken delivery of one of these - really appreciating the higher resolution and visual quality.

Fortunately, I've haven't experienced any obvious faults like some in this thread and frankly, I'm not going to go looking hard for them! :D

Soldato
Just received the 2410 model and set it up about 20 mins ago and already noticed the image retention :(. Will see how it goes after a day or two

Associate
Has anyone seen what the later models are like?

I've currently got 3 of these, all about a year old. I'm thinking of getting Dell to replace at least 2 of them (all have back light bleed, one also has a couple of bright spots) I'm just trying to work out if any issues have been fixed, and no worse issues occurred in later models.

Associate
Has anyone seen what the later models are like?

I've currently got 3 of these, all about a year old. I'm thinking of getting Dell to replace at least 2 of them (all have back light bleed, one also has a couple of bright spots) I'm just trying to work out if any issues have been fixed, and no worse issues occurred in later models.

Got one a couple of weeks ago, pretty good to say the least. My panel has 1 dead pixel (unnoticeable) and no light bleed, don't know if they fixed it or if I have been lucky.

Associate
Got one about 6 weeks ago. Really disappointed with this monitor. The bottom left bleed is quite evident no dead pixels however. It's the lag that gets me.

I will be the first to admit I am not a display expert. My Samsung S27a950d (120hZ) decided to go bang after 2 years and I got the U2713HM and rushed in thinking it was a great bit of kit and vowing to never buy Samsung again as £700 for 2 years is pathetic.

I love the high res but wish I would have done some research first instead of believing the hype. Laggy as hell and can't seem to solve it.

Associate
Seems like it's a mixed bag then. From memory though, they ship you the new monitor, then you either send the new one, or the original one back, depending on which one is better, so I may as well take the chance!

Soldato
If bought from a seller (such as OcUK) how do you go about registering this so that you can check warranty status etc? Each time I attempt to register I just get "Invalid Service Tag" message?

Soldato
If bought from a seller (such as OcUK) how do you go about registering this so that you can check warranty status etc? Each time I attempt to register I just get "Invalid Service Tag" message?

If you purchased direct from Dell a few days after delivery if you log into your account and use the "Check my Warranty status" tab under my products and services it will be in there. No need to register as everything is done from the service tag.

Link..

https://ecomm.euro.dell.com/myaccount/main.aspx?s=dhs&l=en&c=uk&~ck=pn

If you did not purchase direct from Dell you will need to do an ownership transfer (Register) as the warranty will be registered to the dealer you purchased from. Once you have done this you can then request repairs etc from Dell under the three year warranty without needing to go through the original dealer.

Link..

https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=UK&l=EN

If you have purchased the monitor from someone else second hand and it is less than 3 years old then you will need to do an ownership user transfer, This takes up to 15 days to register in the new name.

Link..

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/uk/en/ukdhs1/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Soldato
If you purchased direct from Dell a few days after delivery if you log into your account and use the "Check my Warranty status" tab under my products and services it will be in there. No need to register as everything is done from the service tag.

Link..

https://ecomm.euro.dell.com/myaccount/main.aspx?s=dhs&l=en&c=uk&~ck=pn

If you did not purchase direct from Dell you will need to do an ownership transfer (Register) as the warranty will be registered to the dealer you purchased from. Once you have done this you can then request repairs etc from Dell under the three year warranty without needing to go through the original dealer.

Link..

https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=UK&l=EN

If you have purchased the monitor from someone else second hand and it is less than 3 years old then you will need to do an ownership user transfer, This takes up to 15 days to register in the new name.

Link..

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/uk/en/ukdhs1/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Tried it Moogleys and they don't work.

Each time I enter Service Tag / Express Service Tag (back of monitor) it just comes up as Invalid.

Back
Top Bottom