Dell U2713 HM

Associate
Many thanks, the frame is fixed firmly.

It's only a very very slight bow, I wonder if it's caused by my wall mount bracket.

Still I'm absolutely loving this monitor

Associate
Been umming and aahing over getting one of these but had to nip in before the deal expired. Can retire my old Dell 17inch i have been using as a second monitor and use my 2312HM in portrait mode for that.

Associate
Thinking of getting one but there seems that a lot of people have returned them and I've noticed a few referb's on fle-ebay. Have they released an updated revision from A00 yet?

Soldato
First U2713HM sent back to flickering developing after 3 weeks. Second one just started, to gain image retention on certain objects on the screen which lasts about 1-2 hours, as-well as whitish backlight bleed on the top edges.

I want to get a different monitor, but there is nothing really that much better until you hit the £700+ price range, so I might just end up getting another replacement one of these..

Soldato
Could someone please tell what the dimensions of just the panel are please. Height and width.

I can only seem to find the dimensions with the stand, my google skills are failing me.

Many thanks.

Soldato
My replacement also has Image retention, 3rd Dell U2713HM with issues. Must be bad batch.. Kinda hard to see in the picture but its very clear in the flesh.

2nhep6x.jpg

Associate
My replacement also has Image retention, 3rd Dell U2713HM with issues. Must be bad batch.. Kinda hard to see in the picture but its very clear in the flesh.

2nhep6x.jpg

You can see it well enough. And I wouldn't like to have to put up with that on my monitor. Hope you can get a good monitor soon enough, as this is your third, with issues. :eek:

Soldato
You can see it well enough. And I wouldn't like to have to put up with that on my monitor. Hope you can get a good monitor soon enough, as this is your third, with issues. :eek:

Was meant to get another replacement sent to work today but Yodel were delivering, need I say more. I work in a school and apparently they 'attempted' delivery but no one was home.

The school has a gatekeeper and a reception, even checked CCTV footage, no Van came near the school today.

Soldato
I have been tempted by one of these for a while, I had to sell the u2711 due to the terrible AG, but this looked better. Now I keep reading about all these problems!

What is it with monitors these days, the quality is so hit and miss even for such expensive products. You really shouldn't have to spend over £700 to guarantee that it works. Some times I think we have taken one step forward and two back, just give me a high resolution CRT :p

Soldato
I've had three, now all were Sept A00. All had the yellow bleed, I ended up keeping the first as it was the best of them. For me Dell Customer services is ok to deal with, not great but ok. But Dell Technical Services are getting up there with the worst company department I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. Having to chase and chase. Apart from that it really is a great monitor, shocking for the money they can't get it right. I'm not sure but I'd say the yellow bleed looks like the frame is too tight.

Last edited:
Soldato
How does this display even get image retention? Why is it such a problem on an LCD display of all things?

Sounds like you'd be better off just dealing with it until newer revisions are out, and then claiming warranty on it (yeah, you'll get a refurb but so what? Refurbs are probably just as good as new and if not, just keep sending em back)

Back
Top Bottom