Dell U2713 HM

Associate
Ordered
after my hz27wa died refund 530 was going to go hz27b but 366 just swung it for me

hope I like the ag coating from what I read its semi gloss any one confirm

ALso has any instead gone from a hz27wa to the dell what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

OCC

OCC

Associate
I can't get the coupon codes to work. They are for the U2713HM Silver version correct?

When I enter them at checkout I get a errors on those codes. It states that I don't meet the elibility requirements, even though I selected the silver version of the monitor.

Any help much appreciated.

Soldato
I can't get the coupon codes to work. They are for the U2713HM Silver version correct?

When I enter them at checkout I get a errors on those codes. It states that I don't meet the elibility requirements, even though I selected the silver version of the monitor.

Any help much appreciated.

Try the black one that'w what I did earlier not sure the silver works for some reason.

Edit - Not working for me either now ?

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ordered was going to go hz27b but 366 just swung it for me hope I like the ag coating from what I read its semi gloss any one confirm

It's not glossy or even semi glossy in the glossy sense. It's still matte but not as textured as other screens. My Dell U2412M is very textured matte finish but the U2713HM is less textured so it does reflect a bit more but it's still matte enough to not be glossy and so you can use is in front of a window without glare problem like you would get on a glossy panel!

OCC

OCC

Associate
Going through now for some reason :) Thought I had missed the bargain boat!

Now got to decide if I need a HDMI or Display Port cable...any advice?

Last edited:

OCC

OCC

Associate
"1920x1080 using HDMi" - I didn't realise that, display port it is then as using the other DVI outs for 2 other monitors. Anything else I need to know about getting a Display Port cable (know next to nothing about them)?

Glad I logged onto OC this afternoon :) Would have paid £200 more it and tried to connect it up with a cable that only allows a lower res!

Last edited:
Soldato
Btw, sorry if a repost.
"If you press the upper and lower menu buttons at the same time and hold them in, you'll enter test mode. That lights the pixels up a single colour. Pressing the lower menu button cycles you on to the next colour and so on. It's a good way to see if you have any dead/lit/stuck pixels. Once you have cycled through the test screens it automatically reverts back to the selected input"

Last edited:
Associate
Hey Guys, so I building my first PC around May/June and I'm wondering if I will be able to get this monitor for a better price closer to then, or if I should snap up this current deal? I know that questions very hard to answer but I thought it was worth a shot.

Also, would it be any good for an Xbox while I wait ?

Cheers

Soldato
Hey Guys, so I building my first PC around May/June and I'm wondering if I will be able to get this monitor for a better price closer to then, or if I should snap up this current deal? I know that questions very hard to answer but I thought it was worth a shot.

Also, would it be any good for an Xbox while I wait ?

Cheers

Dell are a bit like DFS they always have some kind of a deal going on. I imagine there will be another set of codes to get it cheap as this is the 2nd time it has been under £400.

It works fine with the Xbox and actually gives a superb picture at 1080p. I was surprised how well it handles it tbh.

Commissario
Those codes look suspiciously like referral codes (could be wrong), and can I remind you guys of the rules regarding competitors etc...

Soldato
Do we need to register these with Dell to take advantage of their 3 year warranty?

I went to their site but couldn't se anywhere to actually register?

I did log into my account and see it said "Welcome (not)" at the top right, which is a bit odd

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9949/capturednf.png

If you purchased direct from Dell a few days after delivery if you log into your account and use the "Check my Warranty status" tab under my products and services it will be in there. No need to register as everything is done from the service tag.

Link..

https://ecomm.euro.dell.com/myaccount/main.aspx?s=dhs&l=en&c=uk&~ck=pn

If you did not purchase direct from Dell you will need to do an ownership transfer (Register) as the warranty will be registered to the dealer you purchased from. Once you have done this you can then request repairs etc from Dell under the three year warranty without needing to go through the original dealer.

Link..

https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=UK&l=EN

If you have purchased the monitor from someone else second hand and it is less than 3 years old then you will need to do an ownership user transfer, This takes up to 15 days to register in the new name.

Link..

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/uk/en/ukdhs1/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Last edited:
Associate
Dell are a bit like DFS they always have some kind of a deal going on. I imagine there will be another set of codes to get it cheap as this is the 2nd time it has been under £400.

It works fine with the Xbox and actually gives a superb picture at 1080p. I was surprised how well it handles it tbh.

Thanks dude, might pick one up in time for GTA !

Associate
If you purchased direct from Dell a few days after delivery if you log into your account and use the "Check my Warranty status" tab under my products and services it will be in there. No need to register as everything is done from the service tag.

Link..

https://ecomm.euro.dell.com/myaccount/main.aspx?s=dhs&l=en&c=uk&~ck=pn

If you did not purchase direct from Dell you will need to do an ownership transfer (Register) as the warranty will be registered to the dealer you purchased from. Once you have done this you can then request repairs etc from Dell under the three year warranty without needing to go through the original dealer.

Link..

https://www.onlineregister.com/dell/?c=UK&l=EN

If you have purchased the monitor from someone else second hand and it is less than 3 years old then you will need to do an ownership user transfer, This takes up to 15 days to register in the new name.

Link..

http://www.dell.com/support/retail/uk/en/ukdhs1/ownershiptransfer/IdentifySystem?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Many thanks

Associate
Had it running for a few hours now, I find it MUCH MUCh better on my eyes compared to the Asus PB278Q. The Asus gave me very bad headaches etc.

The Dell is perfect.

Slight backlight bleed, noticeable on an all black screen but not noticeable in usage with brightness at 35

I notice mine appears to be very very slightly bow fronted, if I put a straight edge on my now defunct 2407wfp, it sits flat, on the 2713HM it pivots slightly as though the middle is further out.

Is that normal? Mind you it doesn't bother me if it isn't.

Over all I'm really really impressed with this monitor.

best

Joe

Back
Top Bottom