Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

True that. Ive been told the gym in aylesbury does a weeks pass as well so will try that next week also, as it stands driving.to aylesbury is less milage than going to MK....So worth a shot

Hnnng fitness academy
Tuesday 17th June: Legs
  • Squats: 90kg x 3, 3, 3, 92.5kg x 3, 95kg x 3
  • Front Squats: 67.5kg x 5, 70kg x 5, 5, 5, 5.
  • Snatch RDL: 70kg x 8, 75kg x 8, 80kg x 5 (hook-nope), 80kg x 3 (hook, nope =/)
  • O.H.Squats: bar x 3, 3, 1, 30kg x 1, F, 1, F

Sowwy, no video, I was too excited and squats were going well to remember about it :p

Squats felt tasty today, bit of butt rise but I'm really pleased with that. Front squats, basically muscled them up :p Need to stay more upright as my chest is dropping, either way, happy with the numbers.

Snatch RDL: again, fine, just I can't hold on to the 80kg sets for long enough, when I use hook grip my hands just feel like they're being ripped to pieces as I have girl hands so can't grip around the bar properly apparently.

Finished with some Snatch work for giggles, having a platform is so much nicer. I've got a weeks pass so I'll be able to use that gym for a few more days to see how travel time is from work....Google reckons it's 49.9miles to work, to the gym, then home again :X

Glad to see you're enjoying it there/here :cool:

It's a great place to train, can't help but feel a lot of other gyms are inferior, we have a lot of 'bro-radery' there.

Yeah it seems like a nice place, ill have to see how the commute is and stuff for the next week.

The Bicester gym is closer, but the rack is pretty naff in terms of the height on the catchers and the racks not bolted down. The bench is too low so I end up benching it out of the catchers. Then obviously theres no platform which for TFA is a major bonus. My mate wants me to join the Bicester gym but meh, not sure yet

dont join a gym just cause your mate wants to, in all likelyhood you will be training longer then he will so go somewhere that best suits your needs. If there was a gym like the Ayelsbury bro-hut anywere close to me i would be there in a shot.

Thursday 19th June: Shoulders and snatch work
  • PP: 40kg x 6, 42.5kg x 4, 45kg x 4, 47.5kg x 4, 50kg x 2, 2, 40kg x 6, 6, 4
  • O.H.Squat: Bar x 3, 2. 25kg x 3. 30kg x 3, F, 3.
  • Hang Snatch: 30kg x 8 in total - not in one go
  • Snatch Balance: Bar x some + OHP x 5 x 2, 30kg x 3

This gym mane, gym gainz. Shoulders felt a lot better this week than the last couple of weeks, things clicked a lot better. Benny pointed out I was doing some half arrzed push press, not pushing properly before the press so we rectified that, much better :)

Same for snatch work, Benny pointed out what needed adjusting: pull 'up' and to also pull with my traps a bit, helped loads so ta for that. I have been told previously just you forget everything without tuition sometimes :p Will lodge it in my head.

Snatch balance...Not really a snatch balance at all :D Shall work on that next week.

I am going to have to come and help you snatch properly soon as - believe it or not - the second pull becomes a lot easier and more obvious when you are pulling under the bar, rather than hefting it overhead.

The sooner you learn the better, so you don't waste time like I did and have to unwire yourself from a ducking power snatch to a proper snatch.

Friday 20th June: Back
Deadlifts: 135kg x 3, 137.5kg x 3, 140kg x 3, 150kg x 1, 160kg x 1, 115kg x 5
Chins: 5, 5, 4 1/2 + 3negs
BORs: 65kg x 12, 62.5kg x 12, 12
ISO Row machine (per hand): 10kg x 12, 12.5kg x 12, 15kg x 12
Lat pull down: Notch 4 x 12, notch 5 x 12, notch 4 x 12

Fin. That's that block done with, going to mix things for a week or two then start back up again.

---------------------------------

Saturday 21st June: Strongman meet
Jesus....absoloutely shattered. Went something like thisL

Farmers carry: think it was 50kg per hand, two lengths
Barrel toss: throw barrel backwards as far as possible.
Sled pull (seated): pull the sled to you with a rop (possibly 40kg?)
Yoke: 80kg + the yoke weight which is about 40kg? one length, loved this
Medley: Tyre drag one length, log toss one length, sled drag/pull one length....Yeah, this was horrible :D

Needless to say, I'm shattered, I shall sleep well tonight!

Dafa you doing in Benny's gym mmm?

Monday 23rd June: chest - deload
Bench: 50kg x 12, 10, 45kg x 12
DB bench: 18's x 10, 12, 12
Inc. DB bench: 16's x 12, 12, 12
Rope pulldown with twist: notch 6 x 12, N7 x 15, 15
Straight bar push down: Notch 7 x 15, 15, 15
Bb curl (12's): 12.5kg, 15kg, 17.5kg, 15kg, 12.5kg

Yeah, deload in the sense of not doing 8 reps :p probs do the same for other lifts.

Tuesday 24th June: legs
Squats: 60kg x 12, 65kg x 12, 70kg x 12
Front squat: 40kg x 12, 45kg x 12, 50kg x 12
Snatch grip rdl: 60kg x 10, 10, 10
V-squat: 20kg x 20

Mixing it up this week rep range wise...lawd, considering I'm used to five reps that was horrible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom