Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Caporegime
OP
Stop looking at the floor. Keep a point ahead of you as a marker and focus on that the entire time. Keeping your head up helps with your back

Cheers. Although that conflicts with other information, which is what annoys me about deadlifts and squats.

Some say keep your head up, others say keep it neutral with your spine :o

Caporegime
OP
Ok stop being silly and lift some weight. You clearly have it in you, it's your mind that is stopping you.

Have been mate :) Hence breaking the 100kg barrier since doing my back in early this year. Squats have come along nicely as well now.

Just had a blip yesterday that was all. And feedback is always welcome :)

Caporegime
OP
Yeah but that 110x7 was easy. I don't think you would have an issue pulling 140 tbh.

I did 3x4x120kg last week. 140kg probably would go up but would be a real struggle :p Rather work up to it, soon enough :)

I've had issues previously working with deadlifts at 'high' reps, not sure what it is, but I find working with 4 reps much easier to keep form strict....Kind of a given I guess

Updated post 2 with album pics.

Caporegime
Then don't do high reps :p

I bet if someone put 140 on a bar and you didn't realise you would lift it with a little loss of form (which is to be expected). You are far too comfortable at the moment, no matter how hard you breathe out in your vids :p

Man of Honour
Stop looking at the floor. Keep a point ahead of you as a marker and focus on that the entire time. Keeping your head up helps with your back
Nope, its a compensatory pattern for weak spine control. You should be supporting your spine with trunk/core musculature and pressure, not bending it around to hang off end range bone and ligament.
Cheers. Although that conflicts with other information, which is what annoys me about deadlifts and squats.

Yes, it was me :p
The latter are phaggots
FUUUUUUUUUUUU

:p

If you're interested I'll dig up the relevant supporting info.

Caporegime
OP
Then don't do high reps :p

I bet if someone put 140 on a bar and you didn't realise you would lift it with a little loss of form (which is to be expected). You are far too comfortable at the moment, no matter how hard you breathe out in your vids :p

Breath out as hard as I want to :mad: ;)

But yes, I'll play around with rep ranges, it was the first time in months I'd done that many reps, so hey.

@ice
I'm all for the info, I tend to keep my head in line with my spine if I can on deadlifts, sometimes forget mind :p

Man of Honour
Nope, its a compensatory pattern for weak spine control. You should be supporting your spine with trunk/core musculature and pressure, not bending it around to hang off end range bone and ligament

Everyones different though, while the mechanics of something like head positioning and the support on your spine should be a lot more universal for everyone, I personally find if I don't look up, then my back will round far easier, while as if I bring my head up, my chest will stay up and my back stays in position a lot easier

Caporegime
Everyones different though, while the mechanics of something like head positioning and the support on your spine should be a lot more universal for everyone, I personally find if I don't look up, then my back will round far easier, while as if I bring my head up, my chest will stay up and my back stays in position a lot easier

Thats because its a trigger point for you to force your chest up rather than you being in the right position to pull from naturally.

do it right and you might actually lift something :p

Soldato

I've found it's all personal preference. Looking up works for some, looking down works for others.

I've always found looking down during squats and deadlifts is more comfortable for me.

Back
Top Bottom