Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Soldato
All you people with "shoulder issues" just wait till the meet and hear the noises my left shoulder makes when I do a windmill. Ice will probably have a fit and prescribe me bed rest for life

Caporegime
OP
All you people with "shoulder issues" just wait till the meet and hear the noises my left shoulder makes when I do a windmill. Ice will probably have a fit and prescribe me bed rest for life

:D

Mine clicks during single arm OHP sometimes. When I lock out on a deadlift my right shoulder is basically at my knees while my left is in it's normal position :o

Caporegime
OP
Friday 9th November: Back

• Mobility
  • Deadlifts: WU: 10x60kg, 2x80kg, 2x100kg. WS: 120kg: 6, 4. 110kg: 5+1, 6.
  • Single arm rows: 3x10x30kg.
  • BORs supersetted with reverse grip BOR's: BORs@40kg: 10, 12, 14. RgBOR's@40kg: 10, 12, 12.

Good session today, still not 100% sure on the lower back, but it was miles better this week than last week. 2nd set @ 120kg my grip was going, 2nd set @ 110kg was funny, as I almost didn't do it, but it was SO much more tighter the weight went up twice as easy as the first set.

Upper back pump was awesome, not really had it that much before, felt grand.

Roll on the DOMS!

Associate
Nice work on the deads man. It seems like you are being reasonably smart about your back. Train when and what you can, avoid what hurts. Simple as that, almost.

Also the rows are getting strong from the looks of that too. Do you find that you get any grief from your back during any of the rows?

Caporegime
OP
Nice work on the deads man. It seems like you are being reasonably smart about your back. Train when and what you can, avoid what hurts. Simple as that, almost.

Also the rows are getting strong from the looks of that too. Do you find that you get any grief from your back during any of the rows?

Thanks man :)

Yeah, i play deads by ear really, i probably could have done more 120kg lifts, but knew id just be stressing it. As it stands its been a little funny this weekend, but thats a mixture of doms and tightness i think were my injury was.

BORs are okay normally, just need to be careful, i ca do 60kg but they arent pretty at all :p and really arent worth it. I find on the single arm rows sometimes i get a small twinge happening, just need to make sure i keep tight and not rotate my mid sectoon i guess?

As i said, happy with progress, deadlifts are still beltless and strapless, doh as well, i might play with mixed grip....i have a feeling it might help with my deadlift positioning as a whole?

Soldato
if DOH fails, swtich to mixed, no point sacrificing the exercise for the sake of the weakest part in the chain!
I always warm up on doh and start my first working set with doh if i feel like i can, if i have to change halfway through the set i do :)

Caporegime
OP
Mon 12th November: Legs
  • Mobility
  • Squats: WU: 10xBar, 4x40kg (paused), 4x60kg. - WS: 80kgx8, 82.5kgx8, 85kgx8....Funnily enough, my wrists started to go numb here, must've held the bar funny.
  • RDL's: 3x10x50kg
  • Calve Raises @ 55kg: 15, 15, 20.
  • Hammer curls with twist: 3x10x12.5kg
  • Goblet squats @25kg: 10, 10, 12. Nice and deep.

God knows what happened with my wrists, blood supply got cut off to them :o Not to mention the usual wrist pain due to them bending back. Got some nice forearms doms today from the curls. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Chest tomorrow, not sure what I'm doing DB bench wise yet.

Man of Honour
Nice squatting!

HOWEVER :mad:

I told you what to do for your wrists when I saw you, you shouldn't be bending it back at all. Your forearm should be further back. Shoulder external rotation stretches!

(<3)

Caporegime
OP
Nice squatting!

HOWEVER :mad:

I told you what to do for your wrists when I saw you, you shouldn't be bending it back at all. Your forearm should be further back. Shoulder external rotation stretches!

(<3)

Thanks mate <3

Yeah, I need to look in to it, fair whack on my mind recently and I keep forgetting. Can you name a few off the top of your head so I can look them up again please?

I miss you

Why the random curls?!?!?!? And why are they breaking up your leg work out?!?!

Because I wanted to, I'm training arms whenever I can now bro.

And they didn't break my workout up, they were done during the rest period of the Calve raises.

Caporegime
Coming along nicely Delvis. I get pain in my shoulder constantly too, should really go see someone about it but its not that sore that I can't put up with it.

Caporegime
OP
Coming along nicely Delvis. I get pain in my shoulder constantly too, should really go see someone about it but its not that sore that I can't put up with it.

Thanks man

Aye, day to day it's okay, certainly not right. Sometimes it's pretty bad. When I first did it I couldn't lift my arm above my head.

For squats it's fine, it's just the lack of mobility somewhere means I need to bend my wrists back, eventually I can't squat because my wrists hurt but my legs are fine. Go figure.

Caporegime
OP
Tuesday 13th November: Chest and Tri's:
  • Mobility
  • DB Bench Press: WU: 10x10's, 10x15's. - WS: 3x10x22.5's
  • Incline Barbell bench: 50kgx8, 9, 6.
  • Incline Barbell bench: 40kgx12 - just to punish myself for failing
  • Dips @ BW: 7, 7, 8. - Such a weakling
  • Overhead tricep extensions, supersetted with themselves if that's posible @ 7.5kg: 10, 12, 16.

Nearly got cramp in my right hip during incline bench, that was interesting. DB bench is a PB, surprised how well it went. Can't really moan about the performance of the incline bench, as the flat DB was a PB as I say.

Rest day tomorrow, then Core and shoulders again on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom