Delvis: weight lifting log - time to conquer

Associate
Just realised I haven't been in here yet :o.

Those deadlifts looked very sexy, it's great to see how much progress you have been making. Your head position looks fine to me, as long as you aren't looking down at the top of the lift :).

How did the squats go?

Caporegime
OP
Cheers spoffle, I guess there will be some difference in peoples lifts at the end of the day.

Just realised I haven't been in here yet :o.

Those deadlifts looked very sexy, it's great to see how much progress you have been making. Your head position looks fine to me, as long as you aren't looking down at the top of the lift :).

How did the squats go?

No worries mate :)

Thanks man! Yeah I'm pretty happy with progress considering what was going on when I saw you and ice. The last vid I posted (I think) was me doing double the reps than usual, which I believe is why I got the lower pump which made things uncomfortable, so I'll probably keep deads in the lower rep range for a bit and play around.

I might go to the docs soon again anyway, see if they have any further insite to my back/whatever it is, as I've had discomfort there since February now, which I think is a bit odd?

Squats went okay considering I had last week off to work on some house renovations, I nearly failed 80kg on my first set, I did 4 reps then stopped and put the catchers on and did another 4, didn't want to risk it. Lowered it to 75kg and did two more sets at 10. Just need to keep hammering it :)

Working chest tonight, should be good.

Caporegime
OP
Monday 5th Nov: Legs

-Mobility

-Squats:
-WU: 10xBar, 4x40kg, 4x60kg
-WS: 80kg: 4+4 (racked half way through to put catches on, nearly failed)
75kg: 10, 10 - Wrist started to act up here again

-RDL's: 3x10x50kg - Supersetted with calves raises as below

-Calve raises: 50kg: 20, 20, 15+10+10, 50@bw

-BB curl: 3 sets of 21's with the bar. BW calve raises in between sets (30)

Not bad, considering my week off, squats went well, should be good to do 80kg next week properly.

Tuesday 6th Nov: Chest

-Mobility

-DB flat bench:
-WU: 10x10's, 10x15's.
-WS: 3x12x20's

-Inc. BB bench: 50kg: 8, 8, 10! - Excellent, failed this last time. Watch the right shoulder.

-CGBP: Barx10, 30kgx10, 35kgx10, 40kgx10, 42.5kgx5, 40kgx7, 35kgx8, 30kgx10, Barx12.

Loved today, things seemed to work, the 20's went well on the DB bench (3x12!) and the incline worked surprisingly well, I'm sure there was a couple of odd reps, but I have to watch my shoulder at the end of the day and I'll only take the bar to a comfortable level.

The DB bench was good, got 12 reps as I said, become a struggle after 8 reps on the 2nd set onwards, but pushed through.

Rest day tomorrow, then core on Thursday.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Thursday: Core and shoulders

• Mobility
  • Planks supersetted with land mines: Planks: 45s, 45s, 50s. - Land mines:bar +5kg: 10, 10, 10.
  • OHP: Barx10, 25kgx10, 30kgx10, 25kgx10.
  • Single arm OHP: 12.5's: 7(weak as SIN). - 10's: 10, 10.
  • Pallof press with band: 10, 10, 10.
  • Arnold press: 2x10x10's. - 1x7x12.5's (hurr) - 1x7+2x10's.

Pretty good session, shoulders work well on core day so will probably keep it like that. Rest periods were kept extremely low throughout. I may or may not ditch OHP, it just isn't doing my lower back any favors.

Caporegime
OP
Jeez that single arm OHP really kicks your arse! Good reason to keep doing them :)

Nice session.

It does indeed! It's bizarre, my right arm can easily do another 4+ reps usually, I just end up capping it.

I'll keep smashing it, but may email you at some point for some further advice or something if that's cool?

Don't worry Delvis my shoulders are rubbish too. Keep at it. Good volume there. You will be in pain :D

Plagued by an old injury it would seem, although weirdly it's actually my right shoulder that has the issue? ;) My left just seems crazily weak.

Thanks buddy

Nice volume Delvis. Just remember to keep core tight and chest up on OHP to stop rocking and affecting your lower back :)

Cheers dude. Yeah I do my best, something just doesn't like me too well on the BB OHP, i'll have a play.

Cheers all, deadlifts tonight, will be interesting to see how they go with the week off I had. Smash it!

Caporegime
OP
...but not too "up", because for some people that means arching their back too much.

Aye, might be the cause to be fair on the later reps/sets on BB OHP.

Yep, too much chest up and you'll start using your chest to press!

Win win?

Yea, should have explained myself more. Although if Delvis did actually do that, then he would sure feel it in his lower back more :D

Its not a crazy pain, just a small niggle on certain reps. I'll see how things go next week and keep everything tighter and avoid arching.

What numbers are you aiming for tonight on the deadlift?

Dunno yet, I did higher reps the week before at 110, so may up the weight but do less reps, as I clearly can't do them without aggravating my back at higher reps now.

Back
Top Bottom