Denis@home team challenge: 31st Oct - 7th Nov

Soldato
OP
Lets hope those tasks wernt my wingman tasks as they wont get given out again till the 10th lol , still just noticed i had loads expire on me from when i was playing around, o well

Hehe. I expect many of the time outs were aborted WU's from upgrading the app

What seems to happen is if you have work units assigned to the stock app, and you then upgrade to an opt app, the old stock work units just disappear. Thing to do is abort them before you upgrade.

Man of Honour
lol what a twit
Typical - I get accused of abandoning my wingman and it's actually the accuser that is to blame! Didn't see that one coming! :p

What seems to happen is if you have work units assigned to the stock app, and you then upgrade to an opt app, the old stock work units just disappear. Thing to do is abort them before you upgrade.
This. By replacing the stock app you've changed platform from Windows to Anonymous. BOINC considers any work you've still got to be invalid as a result and deletes it without reporting back.

You can clean that mess up if you forget to abort by suspending network connections in BOINC then detaching, re-attaching, restoring the optimised app and finally re-enabling the network connection, but it's a faff, so abort those workunits!

Man of Honour
A little BOINC tip: This afternoon, make sure you've got enough work to complete the challenge and then set DENIS to 'No new tasks'. From my personal experience (yours may differ), BOINC seems to report completed work faster that way as it can't wait until it needs more work.

Associate
Make it end, we have second place!

Can only see a pixel between OcUK and Sicituradastra, that is exactly 326,255 as of now. And SETI backed off their big guns 8 hours ago once they built up a healthy enough margin - as in a big fat 12,925,245 :eek:

Associate
393,922, gaps growing and its no longer pixels apart from securing second spot - don't let up this close.

Some of us seem to pushing up output a little more recently, we've all probably stopped using precious processing cycles for a last hooray or we're all in the pub for the greater good :p

PDW

PDW

Associate
Just 30 minutes until the end.
Has Raymond just given up, gone away for the weekend, or got a sting in the tail ?
Not sure I'd leave it this late to drop upwards of 750k points given the problems the bunkering caused the server at the beginning.

Too soon to celebrate ?

PDW

PDW

Associate
Great job everybody, an impressive team performance to get 2nd :D

The DENIS project admin has already said...

A big thanks to all the people that participate in the challenge. We get a lot of information of this "stress test". Also you give us with your work, a lot of data that we will use in our investigations.

We collect the results and also statistics about the usage of the network which have been massive and enormous.

Again, a really really big THANKS!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Well done everyone. Nice to see we claimed that second spot.

Rather surprised my, getting on a bit, 64 thread AMD thing claimed 5th in the top hosts RAC :)

Back
Top Bottom