Denis@home team challenge: 31st Oct - 7th Nov

PDW

PDW

Associate
Rough calculation would suggest around 11.5 - 12.5

Based on 31,812,004 points recorded for all teams on Free-DC stats this morning, 4,646,935 scored by OcUK is approximately 14.6% of the total. Hard part is knowing the total GigaFLOPS for the period, at the moment it is at 84,777 but during yesterday it was lower (lowest probably 78,000).

Have only seen the Denis site show the overall total GigaFLOPS.

Mumps (Seti.USA) personally did 16.75% of the total :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Thank you for that. Quite cool that as a team we've got more power than IBM's Deep Blue.

I can't really get my head around how they've got that much. Maybe they've got access to an old Cray machine.

Edit:
Got Giga and Tera mixed up there our team match's some of the top supercomputers from the early 2000's :)

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
GigaFLOPS for the project as a whole has been going through the roof. Before the challenge it was hovering at around 50k. It had risen to 60k by around 11pm on the 1st November and over 60k by 6pm on Tuesday 2nd. by 9am yesterday 4th Nov it was 73.5 as the USA alien hunters kicked into gear. 85k now is somewhat incredible jump but may also suggest there is a lag in the Denis server's count perhaps like RAC is based over a few days?

Associate
The past day or so BOINC has been a pain. My uploads keep backing up by about 6 - 8 hours whereas before they uploaded just fine.

From a very quick search found the 'project backoff' is something to do with the retry limit and quality of the network, that is where my understanding ends. I didn't stop there and clicked Retry a few times without success out of frustration because of the time I'm up at ('temporary failed upload'...., 'transient upload errors'), my lazy efforts thwarted! Changing the network to 'always' helped clear half the list (see image). This left 5 on 100% and 20 on 0%. The rest I highlighted and kept clicking Retry until they all went through.
dqnfpbc.png
Left it for 24 minutes and same 'project backoff' yet again, countdown is 4 hours :rolleyes:

Associate
We can catch them!! Come on OCUK! :D

1. SETI = Blue
  2. Sicituradastra = Green
  3. OcUK = Red

chart.png

Last edited:
Associate
We are gaining slowly, gonna try bringing my 5930k online today, hope the mrs is in a good mood :D

620k behind, going by recent avg credit we are outproducing them by 342k although not sure the time span that's calculated over.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
Up to 89,105 GigaFLOPS now.

We just need about half a dozen i7s turning on for a day to help out
Or just 1 more 64 core monster from down the back of the sofa :D

MGP

MGP

Soldato
We seem to be catching Sicituradastra by around 25k an hour, if the boinc stats are to be believed. The gap is down to 427k. If the gains are maintained, No #2 slot should be ours. But it's close. A couple of bunkers somewhere could be the difference.

We must run full tilt right to the finish line.

No slacking please or someone will have to dig out old spanky :eek:

Man of Honour
You lot really need to shout louder! 18 more cores chucked in for the final sprint, just in case it helps. :)

Don't have time to fiddle about with optimised clients, so they come with whatever they come with.

Soldato
You lot really need to shout louder! 18 more cores chucked in for the final sprint, just in case it helps. :)

Don't have time to fiddle about with optimised clients, so they come with whatever they come with.

I did email you 2/3 days ago , maybe twice ;)

the app is around 10 x quicker lol you need 30 seconds to do it

download app, extract the 2 items,
close boinc
copy the 2 extracted items into the folder
c:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\denis.usj.es_denisathome\ (Vista/7/8)
re open boinc

http://optos.sesef.pl/denis app

infact , you could be the difference between 3rd and second place

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom