Depression

Associate
hmm this is tough, you just fell for the girl and it didnt work, thats the fact.at the moment 'thanks to' the whole situation you blame yourself that it was all your fault which it isn't true.people can't decide about their feelings so you couldn't predict that u will be 'in love' with her and that she won't feel same.as u wrote in your post the girl probably still feels somethig serious for her ex bf.i wouldn't advise you keeping her as a friend because u can suffer even though u don't realise it.to me it might make things even worse, probably u would start to feed yourself with afalse hope.i think she just needs a male friend who will give her some support but u cant be the one, i really think that u can't make friends with a person you are attracted to.what if one day you will see her with another man and according to what she said before about not hurtin you she will do that even not intentionally,eh?won't you call spending time with the girl as a waste of time?i bet you will...she ain't the only girl in this world and you are too young to put yourself down like that.life is too short to have sorrows, just try to live your life the best you can, it ain't easy but we have to fight and never give up...

SCM

SCM

Associate
Old turkey nice post but believe me it is not quite as easy are you are painting it and bad depression is not something that you can get out of easily. I wish it was but it isn't.

If you are just down, then yes your post is perfect advice for people but it just isn't feeling down thats the problem. The chemical balance in the brain is also affected and believe me this is the true evil of depression. That might take longer to sort out hence the ADs being prescribed.

The OP has done the right thing and gone to the doctors and is being treated and hopefully he can get out of this quickly. As depression can be evil and a tough thing to fight off as i'm finding all too well myself.

Also will add no one knows how bad depression is until they suffer it and i hope no one else here ever suffers it, as i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

SCM

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mekrel said:
so I called in sick and booked myself an appointment with my GP who I went to see at 10.50.

:eek:
I have to know when I'm ill about six weeks in advance.

Anyway, about 18 years ago I got sectioned into a Mental Asylum (Cheddleton) because of depression and the only advice I can give you is to stop being selfish and to snap out of it. When I'm down I just think of all those kids dying in the Donna Louise hospice and life doesn't seem too bad.

Associate
I've been feeling the same way for so long, this week I finally went to the doctors about my depression. He's given me Temazepam to help me sleep to start with. Your not alone mate. Chin up.

I've taken up photography, it seems to help me. Don't know if I can say this but I find Cannabis chills me out if I'm down

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ha ha! I knew I could count on you lot!

Firstly, a lot of you speak sense and reading the replies to myself opens my eyes. At the moment I am on a positive peak and im loving it. The problem is, the bad times come randomly and out of the blue.

Yewen, Thanks for the text - I've only just read it though as it was in my car door handle bit (I always put it there as I hear it vibrate so I can pull over, yet its so inconspicuous that I leave it there. However, im working most this weekend but as you know the weekdays I have free - so we can do something then for sure. Cheers mate, it helped when I was lapping the heatsink with you.

I have been out most the day, and it was great to go an see my Nan.

I also saw her today, and it was quite scary due to the problems the night before. But she just walked right up to me and gave me a massive hug. I have registered now that it can't be what I want it to be (for at least in this moment in time) and that I can not force her.

Anyways, Sic and Mohinder - your invitation to Liverpool sounds like an amazing idea and I would love to join you. I'll be paying petrol money though. Point me in the direction of the plans and etc?

As for the Anti-Depressants, I realise they do not work straight away, but I hope they kick in soon.

Just been back from the pub, but only stayed for 30 minuites with a friend. Im not keen on drinking at this moment in time. Yeah its great during the night but the morning after is hard when you feel like crap due to a skinfull, especially when I feel the way I do at the moment.

Well, heres to life!

Soldato
:D

And yeh, well I failed the test mate incase you missed it :(

But should pass next time!

I will take you up on that as I have NOTHING to do, apart from post in cases :(

Permabanned
If you don't like your job and feel that you should have stayed at college then get yourself enrolled.
September is 7 months away - 28 weeks - NOT long.
I decided I wanted to change careers in my late 20s. I went back to college and ended up in a class full of kids 10 years younger than me, I was mortgaged, working a dreadfully paid job that fitted with the college hours and struggling to pay the fees and the mortgage.
3 years of really struggling financially paid off and I got an Engineering firm to take me on, it took a while longer for a career opportunity to rear its head. I love my career now, I am well paid, I am loving life, you just have to set yourself a goal and stick at it. Between college and work it took me about 7 years to get into where I wanted to be. It won't take you that long, when you're pushing 30 it is harder to get opportunities, you'll find people more understanding and willing to help you and to give you chances because you are young.
You've identified your work and working future as something you are unhappy with - change it, it is never too late, it is well worth it.

Women - they come and go. I probably thought I was in "love" 4 or 5 times before I married, I sometimes think that had I met those women at a later point in my life then we might have married. You'll settle down with a good one in the end, my wife and I just started our 15th year together on Feb 1st (only married for 5 though).

It gets better and the more you do to change the things that bother you the faster it gets better.

Soldato
Mekrel said:
Anyways, Sic and Mohinder - your invitation to Liverpool sounds like an amazing idea and I would love to join you. I'll be paying petrol money though. Point me in the direction of the plans and etc?

Right! I just spoke to Sic on the phone to check, and he says if you can get to Evesham on the Saturday morning, you can ride with us up to Liverpool :cool:

There's a couple of hotels that aren't fully booked yet - but they're like £70 odd a room, so staying in one alone is out of my price range - two of us though, it's much more affordable. My MSN is in trust, I'm gonna look for yours after I've written this, much easier than trying to work stuff out over the forums.

Back
Top Bottom