Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well if we are talking about stupidity it seemed a good example.

That £10 for charity on then?

I have no issue with donating £10 to charity, I think he'll get to appeal and the outcome will change, I don't think he'll be found not guilty on all charges if that's what you think I meant because I don't think he is.

Caporegime
He wasn't claustrophobic whilst he was sitting in the car he was apprehended in whilst all the doors and windows were shut. He started playing up after he was hand cuffed as a desperate roll of the dice to plead his way out of being arrested.

So you reckon he withheld his breath to the point of dying on purpose to try and get out of being arrested?

Soldato
This is a prime example of a straw man argument.

People are saying that maybe he shouldn't be held up as a modern day saint, no one is saying he should have been killed.

Incredibly Colonel_Klinck has managed to get a "what about Trump" post in lmao

No one is saying GF is a modern day saint, not by a long shot, many people are saying that a police officer shouldn't be allowed to murder a suspect.

That is the difference. You clearly don't understand what a straw man is.

Caporegime
No one is saying GF is a modern day saint, not by a long shot, many people are saying that a police officer shouldn't be allowed to murder a suspect.

They literally are?

Screenshot-20210421-182301-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20210421-182247-Chrome.jpg

Associate

I heard him described as a "hero" and a "great man" today on the news. He was of course far from being either - and no, this doesnt mean I think it was justified to kill him but making him out to be some sort of saint is ridiculous and particularly worrying when you see Biden and Harris publically buying into it.

Soldato
I've seen people wrestle police to the floor, grab their tasers and attempt to flee on foot while discharging the taser at the persuing policeman before.

People will do desperate things to avoid going back to prison.

Oh for petes sake, the suspect was subdued, there's no argument about that as he was asphixiated to death over about 9 mins whilst people were shouting for him to have medical attention. The murderer ignored this.

They could have cuffed his ankles also, for example, if he was wriggling too much and still being a nuisance, and just chucked him into the back of a police van, but they did not, they murdered him on the street in plain view.

Soldato
Oh for petes sake, the suspect was subdued, there's no argument about that as he was asphixiated to death over about 9 mins whilst people were shouting for him to have medical attention. The murderer ignored this.

They could have cuffed his ankles also, for example, if he was wriggling too much and still being a nuisance, and just chucked him into the back of a police van, but they did not, they murdered him on the street in plain view.

Did they have a police van in attendance, I didn't see one in the video. Perhaps he was being knelt on to prevent him biting the officer. For all the police knew he could have been infected with hepatitis.

Soldato

Could they? Are they trained to cuff people by the ankles and throw them into vans?

Soldato
Where did I say he was claustrophobic? I said maybe he was having a panic attack. This is all irrelevant though. To get a conviction they just had to prove that DC actions contributed to his death. They did that, you might not like the law as its written, take that up with the Legislature. His defence team had nothing, why do you think eh wanted to plead? He wanted to plead because he knew he was guilty of the charges.

I believe he did when he was in the police car as the officer offered to wind down the window. I think it's highly likely a number of factors contributed to his death rather than solely the neck hold.

Soldato
He was "passively resisting" which is quite common to anyone who's watch a lot of US Police videos. You have to apply context, George Floyd wasn't the first drugged up man these Police have dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom