Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC's fate was sealed on the 26th May 2020, when the station chief fired him and his 3 colleagues without investigation. This was exacerbated further when the state of Minneapolis paid out $27m in compensation to the family, before a trial had even taken place and 5 days before a jury was selected.

All of this would have been plastered all over the news again before a trial even took place. In the eyes of the public and media he was already guilty regardless. If under the constitution he is entitled to a fair trial, I believe he hasn't and as such should and will appeal. If this conviction sticks then what will happen to the 3 other officers, one of which was only 2 days into the job from the academy. All of this for a career criminal who picked the wrong day to act up. If people somehow think this is over, its not even close.

BLM are kicking off again about a 16 year old girl being killed in America but missing out that she had a knife and was trying to stab people.
BBC completely glossed over that she was trying to stab someone, instead choosing to report on it by saying, "In the week of Chauvin's conviction for George Floyd's murder, this latest police killing shows America still has a long road ahead in the fight against police violence."

That's the BBC reporting on police subduing a girl who was trying to stab another girl.

...particularly worrying when you see Biden and Harris publically buying into it.

Yeah, I saw Biden on TV the other day speaking about the trial preemptively saying he 'hoped that the jury came to the "Right" verdict'.

I think it's rather unsettling when you see a sitting president commenting on court cases whilst they're in progress before a verdict had been decided.

I think we can all see what he means by that comment!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56818953

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw Biden on TV the other day speaking about the trial preemptively saying he 'hoped that the jury came to the "Right" verdict'.

I think it's rather unsettling when you see a sitting president commenting on court cases whilst they're in progress before a verdict had been decided.

I think we can all see what he means by that comment!

Biden has been pandering to BLM since the whole thing started to score points, that's why he appointed a black woman as VP even though she utterly bombed out in the primaries. Harris was promoting the Minnesota Freedom Fund which was used to bail out rioters. When Jacob Blake was shot he was saying all the police officers should be charged. As his dementia progresses we will probably see some more crazy woke stuff from him I'm sure.

Incredibly Colonel_Klinck has managed to get a "what about Trump" post in lmao

Par for the course, you should see the SC threads.

Last edited:
They literally are?

Screenshot-20210421-182301-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20210421-182247-Chrome.jpg

Are you arguing with the people who made those or the posters in this thread?

DC's fate was sealed on the 26th May 2020, when the station chief fired him and his 3 colleagues without investigation. This was exacerbated further when the state of Minneapolis paid out $27m in compensation to the family, before a trial had even taken place and 5 days before a jury was selected.

All of this would have been plastered all over the news again before a trial even took place. In the eyes of the public and media he was already guilty regardless. If under the constitution he is entitled to a fair trial, I believe he hasn't and as such should and will appeal. If this conviction sticks then what will happen to the 3 other officers, one of which was only 2 days into the job from the academy. All of this for a career criminal who picked the wrong day to act up. If people somehow think this is over, its not even close.

Or rather his fate was sealed when his incompetent manslaughter was all recorded on video.

I believe he did when he was in the police car as the officer offered to wind down the window. I think it's highly likely a number of factors contributed to his death rather than solely the neck hold.

It doesn’t matter if it was solely the neck hold or the neck hold along with other factors. The fact the neck hold contributed to his death was enough for the conviction. You might not like the law but that’s the way it’s written. That is why the defence was arguing it had nothing to do with his death.

well he was backed by the department until the video went viral. As soon as everyone saw what he did he had to be sacked. What was an investigation going to unearth that excused what he did? Clearly nothing.

As for media coverage. Big cases get huge media coverage. If you’re arguing that any case with huge media coverage can’t get a fair trial just think about that. Murders, child killers etc would walk if that is the standard.

It doesn’t matter if it was solely the neck hold or the neck hold along with other factors. The fact the neck hold contributed to his death was enough for the conviction. You might not like the law but that’s the way it’s written. That is why the defence was arguing it had nothing to do with his death.

But no one could expect an officer to know a suspect already had drugs in their system.

George Floyds brother on sky news saying how he changed the world yeah too right and he changed your bank balance as well probably have not seen him for years 27 million dollars richer kerching.

I find the fact he's being made a martyr of pretty disgusting really. He wasn't a nice guy, yes his life was ended before his time but jesus christ. He is not an Emily Davison. I dont want memorials of him spray painted on the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom