Derek Chauvin murder trial (Police officer who arrested George Floyd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yup, counting, counting oh and he's dead.

This is a top quality angle to be taking, accusing the guy for faking discomfort right up til he's dead.

Yeah he was deliberately not cooperating, not uncommon I would have thought especially with someone under the influence of drugs. He probably partially asphyxiated himself from using his reduced lung capacity to keep yelling. It might sound unlikely but he wasn't cold sober and thinking rationally if he was on drugs.

Associate
Biden has been pandering to BLM since the whole thing started to score points, that's why he appointed a black woman as VP even though she utterly bombed out in the primaries. Harris was promoting the Minnesota Freedom Fund which was used to bail out rioters. When Jacob Blake was shot he was saying all the police officers should be charged. As his dementia progresses we will probably see some more crazy woke stuff from him I'm sure.
Yep that's the only reason she got the job seen more personality on a wet lettuce.

Soldato
thenewoc, post: 34736995, member: 129820" didn't pass out before he was placed on the ground!

Most people don't usualy pass out unless they are being strangled. :rolleyes:

Associate
I find the fact he's being made a martyr of pretty disgusting really. He wasn't a nice guy, yes his life was ended before his time but jesus christ. He is not an Emily Davison. I dont want memorials of him spray painted on the streets.
Yeah too right mate the same people that worship saint Floyd want to rip Churchills statue down and flinch in horror when they see a Union Jack.

Soldato
Or rather his fate was sealed when his incompetent manslaughter was all recorded on video.

Or better yet, GF's fate was sealed the moment he tried to buy cigs with a fake $20 note, or when he consumed fentanyl, or methamphetamine, or resisted arrest multiple times. It takes 2 to tango!

Was DC negligent, yes certainly for the last 2 minutes of the whole incident, was it unreasonable force, not at all. He could have/possibly should have just tasered him from the start. Probably would have had the same result on his frail body either way. But we will never know, all we have is what happened, and with that we have so much doubt around the whole incident that who the Jury came to a quilty conclusion on all 3 counts is beyond me and many other people. Unless of course they were influenced in some way.

Like perhaps by the politicians, media, threat of riot and/or violence. I honestly expect the appeal to be denied and DC sentence dto the max 70 years, not because he deserves it, far from it, but because anything less will just have more riots and politicians pandering to the mob.

Sounds like a lovely place to live where mob rule wins.

Associate
I've just seen one of the toxicology reports along with the autopsy. I won't post out of respect. I find it very strange that this report was produced without doing confirmations on the compounds that were screened positive which number 3.

For such a high profile case I would have thought confirmatory testing would be done as standard.

Anyhow no idea what will happen. I haven't made my mind up and I'm starting to care less and less whats going on in this world atm, probably a healthy choice.

Man of Honour
So you didn't watch all the evidence and you clearly have no idea how we breathe. They were able to count the breaths from watching the video.

When you breathe in, your chest expands, your diaphragm contracts and flattens so creating a void and so a low pressure in your chest cavity. As the atmosphere outside is roughly at 1 bar and higher than in your chest the air rushes in to the lower pressure void, you breathe in, the air entering your chest is never above 1 bar. With weight on you like FG had on him his chest couldn't expand fully, so he had problems breathing in properly. However when you breathe out your muscles are able to force the air out which is why you can blow up a balloon, which is also why he was able to say he couldn't breathe properly. He wasn't getting enough air but that is still enough air to say you can't breathe. I'm fairly sure you were one of the people who said he watched the trial and there wasn't the evidence to convict. Clearly that isn't true.

You are, of course, ignoring the point made. But you succeeded in making doing so sound good. You've got at least one of the key skills for being a good politician.

Soldato
But no one could expect an officer to know a suspect already had drugs in their system.

What have the drugs got to do with it? He knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes. Even after he was not responsive and stopped breathing. What about that don't you understand? That is what got the guilty verdict and it was under the law the correct verdict. He contributed to his death, that is guilty under what he was charged with.

Last edited:
Soldato
What have the drugs got to do with it? He knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes. Even after he was no responsive and stopped breathing. What about that don't you understand? That is what get the guilty verdict and it was under the law the correct verdict. He contributed to his death, that is guilty under what he was charged with.

Surely the drugs have quite a lot to do with it. Wasn’t it already proved in the trial that there was no artery damage to the neck? That was my point earlier, if someone else other than George was in that situation that would likely have survived. It was a combination of factors.

Man of Honour
credit to

That's an excellent example of racism and circular "logic" to rationalise it.

The only reason Chauvin was even tried, let alone convicted, was because he's "white" and Floyd was "black". That's why hardly anyone gives a damn about the majority of people who die during arrest or in custody in the USA - they're only whites so their lives don't matter. The systematic racism is exactly the opposite way around to the way the person you quoted claimed.

Soldato
What have the drugs got to do with it? He knelt on him for over 9.5 minutes. Even after he was no responsive and stopped breathing. What about that don't you understand? That is what get the guilty verdict and it was under the law the correct verdict. He contributed to his death, that is guilty under what he was charged with.

The drugs could have reduced his capacity to withstand being detained robustly in the manner he was.

Soldato
His cardiovascular system was a shambles already, he was going to die soon regardless of what happened, with upto 90% constriction on his arteries, even a jump scare could have caused a heart attack.

The drugs and physical effort from resisting were just another piece in the puzzle that killed him.

Man of Honour
What point? He was breathing at a rate that was normal and not what someone overdosing would do. Problem was he couldn't breathe properly with someone kneeling on him.

The point that he was saying he couldn't breathe before then. An inconvenient fact you ignore with great determination because it's inconvenient.

There are two possibilities:

1) He was telling the truth when he said he couldn't breathe while sitting down and while standing up, before he was restrained.
2) He was lying when he said he couldn't breathe before he was restrained.

Either possibility is inconvenient for your simplistic position so you simply ignore that it happened at all.

He'd said the same thing when being arrested before. Not when being restrained before. When being arrested before. With nobody restraining him.

Soldato
Yeah he was deliberately not cooperating, not uncommon I would have thought especially with someone under the influence of drugs. He probably partially asphyxiated himself from using his reduced lung capacity to keep yelling. It might sound unlikely but he wasn't cold sober and thinking rationally if he was on drugs.

You yell when you breathe out, breathing out wasn't his problem, breathing in was. I wonder if you'd yell if you couldn't breathe and someone kept kneeling on you. Or would you just lie there and die in silence?

Here you I'll quote it for you as well.

When you breathe in, your chest expands, your diaphragm contracts and flattens so creating a void and so a low pressure in your chest cavity. As the atmosphere outside is roughly at 1 bar and higher than in your chest the air rushes in to the lower pressure void, you breathe in, the air entering your chest is never above 1 bar. With weight on you like FG had on him his chest couldn't expand fully, so he had problems breathing in properly. However when you breathe out your muscles are able to force the air out which is why you can blow up a balloon, which is also why he was able to say he couldn't breathe properly. He wasn't getting enough air but that is still enough air to say you can't breathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom