*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Associate
This is our setup as of yesterday:

28804209058_b629493a42_b.jpg

Not the best pic as its an iPhone pano shot but I'll get a better standard one soon I hope. My PC on the right is a 8700K, STRIX 1080 Ti in a Fractal Design Define C TG and the computer on the left is my son's 6700K, EVGA 1080 FTW in a Fractal Design Define C Mini TG. The TV on the left will be getting swapped over to my old Acer Predator 27" monitor when I finally sort the rest of the room out (Behind the camera).

Soldato
This is our setup as of yesterday:

28804209058_b629493a42_b.jpg

Not the best pic as its an iPhone pano shot but I'll get a better standard one soon I hope. My PC on the right is a 8700K, STRIX 1080 Ti in a Fractal Design Define C TG and the computer on the left is my son's 6700K, EVGA 1080 FTW in a Fractal Design Define C Mini TG. The TV on the left will be getting swapped over to my old Acer Predator 27" monitor when I finally sort the rest of the room out (Behind the camera).
Broken image.

Permabanned
This week I upgraded the 2nd monitor (U2715H replaces 2407WFP), new mouse mat (Steelseries QcK), new keyboard (Ducky One2 replaces Qpad MK-50).
Suggestions for tidying the cables would be handy, had some sticky things on the bottom of the desk but the cables just fell out after a while.
SIf3LCw.jpg

Soldato
Any chance anyone here has ever used vinyl adhesive wrap to jazz up an old desk (or any other piece of furniture for that matter)? If so, how did it turn out? A mate has a secondhand Ikea Fredde he says I can have, but it has lots of scuff marks and a few paint splashes, so I'd probably want to renovate it somehow.

Associate
Any chance anyone here has ever used vinyl adhesive wrap to jazz up an old desk (or any other piece of furniture for that matter)? If so, how did it turn out? A mate has a secondhand Ikea Fredde he says I can have, but it has lots of scuff marks and a few paint splashes, so I'd probably want to renovate it somehow.

I have tried the vinyl before and it didnt go well, you really have to be perfect with it and its rage inducing stuff imo

might be easier just to sand it and repaint

Soldato
I have tried the vinyl before and it didnt go well, you really have to be perfect with it and its rage inducing stuff imo

might be easier just to sand it and repaint

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into painting melamine, but I think it's a bit of a chore if memory serves. I was thinking I could buy an XXL mouse mat to cover the majority of the top surface, but the Fredde has a recessed front making that awkward... I wonder if I could simply turn the desk top part upside down? Hmmm I shall ponder further.

Associate
Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into painting melamine, but I think it's a bit of a chore if memory serves. I was thinking I could buy an XXL mouse mat to cover the majority of the top surface, but the Fredde has a recessed front making that awkward... I wonder if I could simply turn the desk top part upside down? Hmmm I shall ponder further.

ah i thought it was just painted board.. so maybe painting it isnt an option? turning it over seems like a good idea and just fill in the screw holes that would now be on the top and also drill some new ones.. probably the best way to go about it tbh

Soldato
Not a massive change, added some audio equipment with a new schitt stack, rear speakers, lighting and RGB stuff of course!. Mostly went mad with the Phillips Hue Stuff when I found out it syncs with ASUS aura with latest updates and other apps which changes colors based on whats on screen. To be honest its more of a gimmick and waste of money, but does look damm amazing at times, even if I will usually set it to static rather then changing based on screen colors.

Associate
I'm looking to do a dual user set up when we move next week. One 29" monitor for user 1 and one 34" superwide monitor for user 2. I am eyeing up an IKEA Karlby working top, the 2.5m one with the Alex drawers. Do you think this would be enough room for two people to sit comfortably? Towers would probably be on the floor.

Associate
I'm looking to do a dual user set up
when we move next week. One 29" monitor for user 1 and one 34" superwide monitor for user 2. I am eyeing up an IKEA Karlby working top, the 2.5m one with the Alex drawers. Do you think this would be enough room for two people to sit comfortably? Towers would probably be on the floor.

It's plenty. Here is ours (Minus the Alex drawers):

42001797044_b31c61ecca_c.jpg

Left is my boys 27" monitor and right is my 34" ultrawide.

Soldato
Woah, I love that!

Nice room too, very clean and minimalistic

Cheers bud. Have to confess, love messing with the HUE stuff, now making me want to add more stuff in :(

I'm looking to do a dual user set up when we move next week. One 29" monitor for user 1 and one 34" superwide monitor for user 2. I am eyeing up an IKEA Karlby working top, the 2.5m one with the Alex drawers. Do you think this would be enough room for two people to sit comfortably? Towers would probably be on the floor.

It would be a good length for two people. Only issue may be if you have Alex drawers on either side though as I imagine that's where your legs would want to go. Possibly a set of Alex drawers in the middle of sorts then normal legs on either end.

Soldato
Made some changes today to the play room:

42001797034_ee8813fb09_b.jpg

My setup:

41820159655_98bd64de94_b.jpg

My boys setup:

27851092367_1bf275389b_b.jpg

Mine is a 8700K and 1080Ti and Jack's is a 6700K and 1080.

Congrats on the great set up :)

May I ask what keyboard you have please? (on your own set up that is). It looks identical to mine only with G-keys which I would very much like.

Back
Top Bottom