*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Caporegime
Can you imagine the feeling as your 3k PC crashes to the ground, that sound would haunt you! :D

Worse, it happens whilst you're out!!!! :eek:

I remember going to work early one morning and leaving the window open by my PC, storm came in and was absolutely caning it. I came home to find said window flung wide open and a **** load of rain had placed itself on my lovely Dell 30" monitor!! I'm just really glad Dell warranty is so good (after I'd dried it out ;)) :D

Man of Honour
Worse, it happens whilst you're out!!!! :eek:

I remember going to work early one morning and leaving the window open by my PC, storm came in and was absolutely caning it. I came home to find said window flung wide open and a **** load of rain had placed itself on my lovely Dell 30" monitor!! I'm just really glad Dell warranty is so good (after I'd dried it out ;)) :D
I bet your heart was pounding all the way home!

Associate
For those of you using the IKEA Alex drawers along with the Karlby Worktop, do you think the setup will support a heavy PC case over the right hand side drawer? My case fully loaded is likely to be around 35KG? It's the Phanteks Enthoo Primo fully water cooled.

That's just the base unit, I'll also have a screen, speakers etc... + an A3 printer on the left side.

assuming this going to be pushed up against a wall you could screw some planed 2x1 timber to the wall to give the worktop extra strength tbh can't see the alex drawer collapsing under 35kg my fish tank cabinet is essentially just 3 bits of thin mdf on edge and that weighs 130kg

Soldato
Just got the logitech mx master mouse in light gray and it goes very nicely with my white and silver pc... ^^^ Nice clean setup you have there Clov!s.

1zdocus.jpg

Here is a pic of my full desk.. Im hoping to get thes speakers soon in the brown colour, then I will be able to connect pc and tablet up together, because the tinny sound is horrible on the tablet. Plus will be able to get rid of the amplifier too
http://www.edifier.com/gb/en/speake...-coaxial-optical-bluetooth-bookshelf-speakers
29dvimr.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is pretty terrible compared to everything else in this thread but even though I've just moved into this house and have a million and one other jobs to do, I had to do something about my desk...

newhouse_olddesk_1.jpg

Pretty cramped, I'm sure you'll agree.

When I eventually get around to re-decorating this room I'll go with a full length solid worktop fixed to the walls but in the short term have gone with an Ikea Linnmom desk. Cheap enough at £35 for the top and legs but will do nicely for the time being.

Bought the desk on Wednesday but it wasn't worthy of a picture until the OcUK mat arrived today!

newhouse_newdesk_1.jpg

newhouse_newdesk_2.jpg

Choice of keyboards depending on my mood... an Apple keyboard or a Ducky Channel Zero with blue MX switches. Both of them are great boards.

Associate
The worktop was from worktop express but yes it is oak, correct on Ikea Alex (Black-Brown)

The Worktop Express website says their oak worktops are delivered untreated. Have you treated it with anything, or are you just using as delivered?

They sell a 2m long oak worktop for £95 + £25 delivery charge. This seems very reasonable compared to Ikea Karlby £80 for 1.86m long + £35 delivery charge.

Soldato
The Worktop Express website says their oak worktops are delivered untreated. Have you treated it with anything, or are you just using as delivered?

They sell a 2m long oak worktop for £95 + £25 delivery charge. This seems very reasonable compared to Ikea Karlby £80 for 1.86m long + £35 delivery charge.

I treated it with a light coat of danish oil to prevent any spills from leaving marks.

Soldato
For those of you using the IKEA Alex drawers along with the Karlby Worktop, do you think the setup will support a heavy PC case over the right hand side drawer? My case fully loaded is likely to be around 35KG? It's the Phanteks Enthoo Primo fully water cooled.

That's just the base unit, I'll also have a screen, speakers etc... + an A3 printer on the left side.

directly over the alex drawers? it'll be fine. ive stood on those before to reach the top of a cupboard.

edit - oops old post.

Back
Top Bottom