*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Man of Honour
35kg? Are you being serious?

Edit:-that was for spacemonkey
The case is 18KG empty, then I'm fully water cooling with 3 rads, heavy GPU block, heavy CPU block, large heavy glass reservoir (690ml fluid capacity) plus that's about 2ltrs of fluid for the whole loop, an E-ATX motherboard with heavy metal rear shield, 11 fans, fan controller, approx 15-20 brass fittings, tubing, 850w EVGA PSU, Braided PSU cables, 2 HDDs (3TB).... So it's an estimate I made of 35KG but an educated guess and I'm confident not too far off :)

Last edited:
Associate
New desk, need to sort some cable management out.

IMG_20180427_161216.jpg
what desk is this and where can i buy it? :D

Soldato
The case is 18KG empty, then I'm fully water cooling with 3 rads, heavy GPU block, heavy CPU block, large heavy glass reservoir (690ml fluid capacity) plus that's about 2ltrs of fluid for the whole loop, an E-ATX motherboard with heavy metal rear shield, 11 fans, fan controller, approx 15-20 brass fittings, tubing, 850w EVGA PSU, Braided PSU cables, 2 HDDs (3TB).... So it's an estimate I made of 35KG but an educated guess and I'm confident not too far off :)

In regards to this question just seeing it now so slightly old but if your still mulling over the combo. I have a rig of similar weight, around 35kg (the case is 21kg alone + PSU takes it to 25kg) + all the GPU's MOBO, fittings, radiators etc and 35kg is a ballpark figure I would guess. I use the Alex desks on either side and the case rests perfectly fine on the desk when directly over each unit and had not issues with this combo a year in thus far.

Soldato
From this:

Crk98.jpg

To this :)

zmHDMqe.jpg

(I do have a windowed panel now, I just like it off though haha)

rXUny50.jpg

Spectrus that 750D looks really nice, and those speakers are huge! Nice setup man :p

I believe we have the same desk and chair. A fine choice and a welcome upgrade by the looks of the before picture!

Associate
For those of you using the IKEA Alex drawers along with the Karlby Worktop, do you think the setup will support a heavy PC case over the right hand side drawer? My case fully loaded is likely to be around 35KG? It's the Phanteks Enthoo Primo fully water cooled.

That's just the base unit, I'll also have a screen, speakers etc... + an A3 printer on the left side.

I have stood on mine a few times to get to a shelf high up, it's pretty sturdy.

Back
Top Bottom