*** Desk and Room Gallery***

Soldato
After a change around. One of my Dell 22" monitors has gone in a cupboard as I've replaced it with an Xbox 360 and Samsung UE42F5000.

I know my desk really needs some work. My entire bedroom does.

xu71K1Jl.jpg
TIT0QgHl.jpg

Somebody say cables?

SnujH5Pl.jpg

Associate
I have finally swapped out my mismatched Samsungs on the top row, having spent the last six months fighting bad caps and a 20 minute start up cycle!

Always nice to have matching sets, and for them to switch on straight away....

And all three for just a bit more than I paid originally for one of the Dells:eek:

wow :D, what do you do with all those monitors?

Associate
Main rig:

ffll.jpg

bf7g.jpg

Music system:

vbbf.jpg

Associate
Well because there is no "kitchen and kitchen table gallery' thread i will post mine here :)
avhm.jpg

No room in house for a desk, so i am stuck on the kitchen table
As you can imagine wife absolutely hates it being in there, she even said "pay the stupid price and get a gaming laptop will ya"
But so far i have resisted

Associate
Here's my previous set up I had posted here a while back:

7577796110_503b7b22eb_b.jpg

7577867452_69561d80a8_b.jpg

Unfortunately had to move to a much smaller place without a dedicated man-cave/study.
The PC itself has had some little upgrades (GPU and more HDDs), but I lost my beloved desk and speakers. I do have a nice headphone+amp+DAC setup now though.

12178644254_6c6b742ddd_b.jpg

Soldato
That's ashame SMed, those Dell speakers aren't bad bass wise are they though? ;) (I have the same) I'm sure a drop in sound quality compared to the Fostex's though

Associate
That's ashame SMed, those Dell speakers aren't bad bass wise are they though? ;) (I have the same) I'm sure a drop in sound quality compared to the Fostex's though

It's funny you mention that, I've always been surprised just how capable these little Dell A425 2.1 speakers are. Bass is there, but it's the clarity that is surprising for these things, and they're electronically shielded quite well. I've tried other cheapo 2.1 sets also, and they often sound much worse and get horrible buzzing sounds too. If you can get a set for for a £5-10, it's worth it as a backup or for a spare machine; just for some general purpose volumes. Probably won't find better for under £30.

I'm looking for another set on ebay to hide away in the kitchen for some cooking tunes. :p

Also what you can't see in the above 'before' photo is I had an active 8" sub under the desk to help thump with the Fostex monitors. Made the man cave rattle. :D

Soldato
Ah damn I also had a similar setup and had to downgrade, unfortunately no headphone setup for me :p Which headphones did you invest in and how do they compare to speakers+sub ?

Yeah Dell used to be solid back in the day not sure on their quality now but I still have their keyboard and monitor from years ago which are still going strong

Associate
Ah damn I also had a similar setup and had to downgrade, unfortunately no headphone setup for me :p Which headphones did you invest in and how do they compare to speakers+sub ?

Yeah Dell used to be solid back in the day not sure on their quality now but I still have their keyboard and monitor from years ago which are still going strong

I've got the Philips Fidelio F1's, with a Schiit Modi+Magni (DAC+Amp) combination. Without getting all audiophile-y, it sounds really really good. For my place now, low volume and/or headphones are required. But I always prefer 'loud-enough-to-feel' music and games. Once I get back into my own place, I'll get some proper equipment.

Yeah, the Dells just came with a mid-range PC from over 10 years ago, they're still solid.

Back
Top Bottom