Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
It's happening!

Link to everyones gaming IDs. People seem to be asking for it a lot!

For anyone interested in the Lore of Destiny (and believe me, there is a lot!) LackyT posted a very helpful link
Also for those interested in the full back story and lore of Destiny, here is the link I posted over in the console forum: http://www.seraphimarchive.com/

Very good site describing all the grimoire and activities that have taken place so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, from the moment it was announced I was intrigued and when i found out it wasn't on PC I bit the bullet and bought a PS4 just for it.

This has been my best gaming news in a while

Soldato
OP
Coming from PC I spent the first few weeks laughing about half of my kills were actually the aim assists. didn't care though. Fantastic game which seemed got a reputation for being cool to hate.

Soldato
OP
Never played Destiny 1, whats it about?

We find a giant beach ball on Mars. Said ball helps us advance. Other alien races get jealous and shoot at us. A lot. I don't have time to tell you anything else.

So not a single frame of gameplay released and people are already pre-ordering?

Well I'm guessing those who pre-ordered, such as myself, are fans of the original game and know what to expect. It's not like it's a brand new unknown game.

Soldato
OP
Agreed.... I spent over 800 hours playing destiny, that's great VFM in my eyes.

I think I'm at about 600/650 hours played of Destiny. Considering I bought my PS4 just to play this game I am more than happy.

I always find it funny when I read online of people who haven't played the game saying it's overpriced or riddled with microtransactions. I forget the game even has MT until people mention it!

Soldato
OP
I'll take the bait, but don't want to start a thread derailment. Even with the flaws and mis-matched story, IMO the gameplay and gunplay was very good. I've had an incredible time with Destiny & its community, and I've met a lot of people through it who I still play with on other games. No one was forced to buy or play Destiny 1, but a lot of us are hopeful that the sequel is what D1 should have been.

I think that's something non-destiny players don't get. The community is amazing! Of course I've had a few dick players that I've come across but nearly all the people I've met on LFG have been awesome and my friends list consists mostly of those guys.

Soldato
OP
We had Hawkmoon for a year. And Hawkmoon was epic.

Gah I thought this was like Borderlands for some reason, but having just googled it it sounds nothing like it. Not really into pvp games and tend to prefer single player, so not sure this is for me.

PvP isn't a requirement to Destiny unless you go to the Crucible. I haven't played PvP in ages as I suck with a controller.

Soldato
OP
Don't know anything about this game although the trailer looks good. Hard to ascertain what the gameplay is actually like from it though. I'm guessing it's a sci-fi shooter? Big single player campaign for just multiplayer?

Well, the first games single player wasn't strong but if you played it co-op it was very good fun.

I'd always suggest playing Destiny with someone else to start with until it gets its hooks into you. That was the deciding thing for me. I found Borderlands on my own really boring whereas I can play Destiny by myself without an issue.

Soldato
OP
The raids are just class. Frustrating at times as they require every single member of the fireteam (6) to be absolutely on point and communicating effectively, one person makes a mistake and it's a wipe. The earlier raids relied more on one or two people shouldering more of the responsibility but the last two changed things up so everyone needs to handle all the roles.

But that's what I love about the raids. When you get a good team you work like a nicely oiled machine.

The last 2 raids especially brought the focus back to team work. The difference a good team can make on the Train and Aksis stages is like night and day

Soldato
OP
I had it once where I joined a random LFG for a King's Fall run and the team was like a professional unit. Complete run, challenge mode etc - no wipes, it was amazing. I remember them saying they normally run all 3 chars through straight after reset back-to-back. Flip side is when you get a squeaker group, "yeah of course we've run it before"....

It makes the world of difference. Ran WoTM with someone who said they were very well experienced yet at every stage they would do the wrong thing and not listen to instructions.

But they have been far fewer than the times I've had competent teams.

That goes for any raid in any game.

Not so much with Crota's End. That raid was very simple and nothing beyond a glorified strike

Soldato
OP
again that goes for any game

Have you played Destiny or Crota's End? I'm not arguing that Destiny's raids are unique in the sense that they require a good team to succeed. But CE was the raid that stood out in Destiny that required very little team work or coordination and the last two raids Kings Fall/Wrath of The Machine both focussed on team work above all else

Soldato
OP
I'm quite looking forward to this but I have a concern... Raids. All my mates will be playing this on PS4 and there's no way in hell a) I'll be playing this on PS4 and b) there'll be cross play with PS4.

Soooo... can I assume you good folks at OCUK Forums with have a clan type thingy-me-bob for this sort of thing??

I'm moving from PS4 to PC and I'm sure there are plenty of others on here who are doing the sensible thing. We wont be stuck, I imagine!

I went with the LE as I wanted to get the DLCs for a bit cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom