Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Associate
Never got into the first one mostly because of the story, or lack thereof. But I heard they fixed it later on. This one looks interesting and I hope they focus on the story from the get go. Keeping my eye on this one.

Soldato
Ahhhh in a quandry, do i buy this on PC or Xbone.. got Destiny 1 but i prefer keyboard / mouse for this type of stuff... but with that said a mate at work wants to play co-op with this and gave me a £50 Microsoft voucher lol, fill duty bound to buy it on Xbone, but i just know the PC version is bound to end up better! damn its going to go the way of The Division and me buying the game + season pass on both... Devs love morons like me

Associate
You like The Division so you will probably like this, the music and atmosphere is really good in Destiny and the raids will be like incursions. It’s up for pre-order on cdkey and it says it's a Steam key but I will only pre-order if it gives alpha/beta access.

It's also on Amazon and includes beta access.
Agreed that D2 would be a good fit for Division players, but one thing to note is that the Raids in Destiny are very well done compared to the poverty state of Incursions in Division :p

Associate
Just a teaser for those who never played, here is a quick summary to unlock the quest line for a hidden Exotic weapon added in the last D1 raid.

- A "crowdsourced" ARG was hidden on Bungie.net
- The whole community came together to combine their codes, to try and solve the ARG. One user got a lucky break and realized that by chaining together 8 self-referencing nodes, he could decrypt the garbled text into the HEX code of an image file. This eventually resulted in about 1000 small JPG files
- After piecing together 1,000+ decoded JPG files from the ARG (thanks to the dedicated folks at /r/RaidSecrets), a map was formed for a specific room in the Raid.
- After activating all four other secret monitors in the Raid (which had been discovered already) before getting to the "map" room.
- The team then has to activate the puzzle in the "map" room. This requires 4 players standing on certain cylinders in order. These are dictated by numbers (converted into binary) read out by 2 other team members, that appear on monitors in another room, that correspond with columns and rows.
- Get the sequences of cylinders right, and the center of the room opens with some bonus loot.
- After you beat the raid, a hidden area opens with the final monitor and a chest.
- Quest line to unlock the weapon starts.

Sauce for most of the text: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...ummary_of_destinys_latest_arg_how_it_started/

Soldato
Agreed that D2 would be a good fit for Division players, but one thing to note is that the Raids in Destiny are very well done compared to the poverty state of Incursions in Division :p

Yeah I watched a few of the raids on youtube, look like night and day difference from division. Requires a lot more co ordination etc. Looking forward to it :)

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I watched a few of the raids on youtube, look like night and day difference from division. Looking forward to it :)
I'm telling you now that unless Bungie majorly drop the ball, then it will be right up your street!

Have a look at the spoiler tag I posted above. That is just to unlock the start of a weapon quest line :)

Soldato
I'm telling you now that unless Bungie majorly drop the ball, then it will be right up your street!

Have a look at the spoiler tag I posted above. That is just to unlock the start of a weapon quest line :)

I just read it and.....yeah, wtf lol!! :D

It sound quite punishing in a way which is what I always wanted from div, but not punishing like an NPC doing a million damage for no reason, just punishing difficulty. Still love div, but seeing videos of these raids is just crazy in comparison

I haven't pre ordered yet, but the deal above that was posted sounds good

Soldato
The raids are just class. Frustrating at times as they require every single member of the fireteam (6) to be absolutely on point and communicating effectively, one person makes a mistake and it's a wipe. The earlier raids relied more on one or two people shouldering more of the responsibility but the last two changed things up so everyone needs to handle all the roles.

Soldato
OP
The raids are just class. Frustrating at times as they require every single member of the fireteam (6) to be absolutely on point and communicating effectively, one person makes a mistake and it's a wipe. The earlier raids relied more on one or two people shouldering more of the responsibility but the last two changed things up so everyone needs to handle all the roles.

But that's what I love about the raids. When you get a good team you work like a nicely oiled machine.

The last 2 raids especially brought the focus back to team work. The difference a good team can make on the Train and Aksis stages is like night and day

Associate
But that's what I love about the raids. When you get a good team you work like a nicely oiled machine.

The last 2 raids especially brought the focus back to team work. The difference a good team can make on the Train and Aksis stages is like night and day
I had it once where I joined a random LFG for a King's Fall run and the team was like a professional unit. Complete run, challenge mode etc - no wipes, it was amazing. I remember them saying they normally run all 3 chars through straight after reset back-to-back. Flip side is when you get a squeaker group, "yeah of course we've run it before"....

Permabanned

That goes for any raid in any game.

Soldato
OP
I had it once where I joined a random LFG for a King's Fall run and the team was like a professional unit. Complete run, challenge mode etc - no wipes, it was amazing. I remember them saying they normally run all 3 chars through straight after reset back-to-back. Flip side is when you get a squeaker group, "yeah of course we've run it before"....

It makes the world of difference. Ran WoTM with someone who said they were very well experienced yet at every stage they would do the wrong thing and not listen to instructions.

But they have been far fewer than the times I've had competent teams.

That goes for any raid in any game.

Not so much with Crota's End. That raid was very simple and nothing beyond a glorified strike

Permabanned
Not looked at this game at all, as did not like D1, is this a all class type or can one class be everything, I prefer games where you have role specified characters and not just a dps race

Permabanned
It makes the world of difference. Ran WoTM with someone who said they were very well experienced yet at every stage they would do the wrong thing and not listen to instructions.

But they have been far fewer than the times I've had competent teams.

Not so much with Crota's End. That raid was very simple and nothing beyond a glorified strike
again that goes for any game

Soldato
OP
again that goes for any game

Have you played Destiny or Crota's End? I'm not arguing that Destiny's raids are unique in the sense that they require a good team to succeed. But CE was the raid that stood out in Destiny that required very little team work or coordination and the last two raids Kings Fall/Wrath of The Machine both focussed on team work above all else

Back
Top Bottom