Destiny 2... It's a coming!

Soldato
OP
Never played Destiny 1, whats it about?

We find a giant beach ball on Mars. Said ball helps us advance. Other alien races get jealous and shoot at us. A lot. I don't have time to tell you anything else.

So not a single frame of gameplay released and people are already pre-ordering?

Well I'm guessing those who pre-ordered, such as myself, are fans of the original game and know what to expect. It's not like it's a brand new unknown game.

Soldato
is it multiplayer game? Obviously I have a little idea that its a shooter with friends, but is it almost a loot collector type game? loads of RNG etc? Or strictly single player campaign with PvP multiplayer?

I'll go watch a few vids, all I've heard this last day is how big a deal it is coming to PC yet I'd never played it or watched any footage from PS4.

Last edited:
Associate
Man so glad this is coming to PC, Never got to play #1 due to not having the required console but always looked great. 100% getting this.

Associate
is it multiplayer game? Obviously I have a little idea that its a shooter with friends, but is it almost a loot collector type game? loads of RNG etc? Or strictly single player campaign with PvP multiplayer?

I'll go watch a few vids, all I've heard this last day is how big a deal it is coming to PC yet I'd never played it or watched any footage from PS4.
Think The Division in space as far as loot and PVE goes. PVP has a lot more to it, various playlist for 6v6 normally. Been a while since I played on Xbox but played quite a lot. The raids are very good, with the requirement to have deep knowledge of tactics in order to succeed, plus jumping puzzles which will cause you to rage destroy your entire house :D

Soldato
Think The Division in space as far as loot and PVE goes. PVP has a lot more to it, various playlist for 6v6 normally. Been a while since I played on Xbox but played quite a lot. The raids are very good, with the requirement to have deep knowledge of tactics in order to succeed, plus jumping puzzles which will cause you to rage destroy your entire house :D

hmm thanks :) sounds interesting. I'm not the pre-ordering type but will keep an eye open for this one. Could be great fun with the regulars maybe.

Soldato
Ya watched my house mate play vault of glass even tho it was crwppy ps4 and 30 fps it still looked very good.. He played with a lot of yanks doing raids just hope we have a fov slider and few other pc tweaks and should be a good game..

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Great news, will buy. Slightly worried the gunplay could be wooly since it'll have to be reworked without fairy auto-aiming.

Soldato
OP
Agreed.... I spent over 800 hours playing destiny, that's great VFM in my eyes.

I think I'm at about 600/650 hours played of Destiny. Considering I bought my PS4 just to play this game I am more than happy.

I always find it funny when I read online of people who haven't played the game saying it's overpriced or riddled with microtransactions. I forget the game even has MT until people mention it!

Associate
Never played the first one but interested in this coming to PC. How did the first one compare to Warframe and Borderlands? Looked kind of similar to them from what i saw of it.

Associate
I've gone with game because I want the Cayde-6 toy! Also went limited edition as I know il end up getting the DLC anyway
Also ordered the LE, looks like quite a few will make the switch.

Great news, will buy. Slightly worried the gunplay could be wooly since it'll have to be reworked without fairy auto-aiming.
Agree, but I'm hopeful that they can achieve something similar to what Overwatch have done with the aiming on PC vs Console

Associate
Never played the first one but interested in this coming to PC. How did the first one compare to Warframe and Borderlands? Looked kind of similar to them from what i saw of it.
It's kind of somewhere in between them. Warframe is straight run a level, Borderlands is very open world, PVE Destiny is open world to get to the level you want to run, if that makes sense.

Caporegime
bizarre that people are hyped about this. The first was a huge disappointment. It had basically no story, insanely repetitive missions and quests and one of worst loot systems in a game.

Associate
bizarre that people are hyped about this. The first was a huge disappointment. It had basically no story, insanely repetitive missions and quests and one of worst loot systems in a game.
I'll take the bait, but don't want to start a thread derailment. Even with the flaws and mis-matched story, IMO the gameplay and gunplay was very good. I've had an incredible time with Destiny & its community, and I've met a lot of people through it who I still play with on other games. No one was forced to buy or play Destiny 1, but a lot of us are hopeful that the sequel is what D1 should have been.

Back
Top Bottom