Destiny 2 on Battle.Net (free if claimed by 18th November)

Associate
What is currently the best (cheapest) way to get Destiny 2 (with all current add-ons/updates)?

Forsaken Legendary Collection, includes first 2 DLCs and the current Forsaken expansion but not the upcoming DLC via annual pass. The first year 2 DLC is expected early December. It was £33-35 from some direct sites but seems to have gone up now. Full priced it £50 from Battlenet.

Associate
Forsaken Legendary Collection, includes first 2 DLCs and the current Forsaken expansion but not the upcoming DLC via annual pass. The first year 2 DLC is expected early December. It was £33-35 from some direct sites but seems to have gone up now. Full priced it £50 from Battlenet.

Thanks mate. Much obliged.

Associate
Is it just me or is HDR broken in this game? I'm getting black crush on my Sony AF9 OLED whereas other games such as Forza Horizon look great in HDR :confused:

Associate
Just started on the Shard level. Is there a quick way to kill those bosses with the shields? Do you just blast away at the shield until it is destroyed? It seems tricky to get behind them.

Soldato
Just started on the Shard level. Is there a quick way to kill those bosses with the shields? Do you just blast away at the shield until it is destroyed? It seems tricky to get behind them.

Is it actually a boss or the normal cabal enemy with a shield? If the latter there is a central glowing orange area of the shield, if you shoot that it overloads the shield so they drop it lower and you can then shoot them easily.

Associate
Is it actually a boss or the normal cabal enemy with a shield? If the latter there is a central glowing orange area of the shield, if you shoot that it overloads the shield so they drop it lower and you can then shoot them easily.

Yeah enemy with a shield, and it seemed to have a different name too. Thanks for the tip.

Associate
Got this for free and downloaded it, looks like a nice way to scratch the (so far) mindless shooter itch and it runs surprisingly well at 3440x1440 on my GTX 970.

MSI afterburner's OSD being blocked in this game is certainly annoying though.

Associate

For those and other shield (i.e. Scorn) carrying mobs you can also try shooting their feet or legs to stagger them.

V F

V F

Soldato
Got this for free and downloaded it, looks like a nice way to scratch the (so far) mindless shooter itch and it runs surprisingly well at 3440x1440 on my GTX 970.

MSI afterburner's OSD being blocked in this game is certainly annoying though.

I think I briefly remember that across many sites back then... Same for GeForce Experience. What happens?

Associate
I think I briefly remember that across many sites back then... Same for GeForce Experience. What happens?

The OSD simply won't activate, pressing the keyboard shortcut to toggle it on or off does nothing.

I skim read the issue, and it sounded like in the past you could get banned for using Afterburner. Either that or I skim read it far too fast :p As I got the game for free, I wasn't exactly bothered about potentially being insta-banned.

Associate
And that's a bad thing? I don't understand how people can actually play and enjoy the game with all that crap plastered across their screens.

I consider it a good guide, especially when first playing a new game and tweaking settings. At 3440x1440 it's also a long way off to the side, so it's not as intrusive to me as it would be with a regular aspect ratio monitor.

At least there's an in game setting to show FPS, so not left 100% in the dark.

Caporegime
Graphics are quite good such a shame few companies push the PC hardware anymore the difference here is clear & makes companies like Valve & Bethesda look poor as they tend to not bother nowadays and are content to count their easy money elsewhere!
Downloaded this for my lad to play, he's got it already on his XBOX 1X and straight away said the graphics are much better on PC which given I have a 1080ti and 43" 4K screen I'd hope they would be.

Not my bag but he loves it.

Soldato
I've bought Forsaken. £25 for DLC 1 and 2 plus Forsaken seems good value for money. With the base game free. I can see why Destiny 2 got such bad comments from streamers/community etc though on initial release. If I paid £60 for the base game at release I would be livid! Hit level 20 incredibly quick, so i'm not sure if they have bumped up the xp rewards?

Anyway, i'm enjoying the story and being able to just chill out on PvE. Played a tiny bit of the Crucible which feels like the match making is broken. Couple of games us a team of level 20s vs a stack of level 50's????? Balanced much? lol

Considering I haven't even touched strike teams / raids / other parts of the optional quests and still have Forsaken to work through. It's been a good purchase.

Associate
I've bought Forsaken. £25 for DLC 1 and 2 plus Forsaken seems good value for money. With the base game free. I can see why Destiny 2 got such bad comments from streamers/community etc though on initial release. If I paid £60 for the base game at release I would be livid! Hit level 20 incredibly quick, so i'm not sure if they have bumped up the xp rewards?

Anyway, i'm enjoying the story and being able to just chill out on PvE. Played a tiny bit of the Crucible which feels like the match making is broken. Couple of games us a team of level 20s vs a stack of level 50's????? Balanced much? lol

Considering I haven't even touched strike teams / raids / other parts of the optional quests and still have Forsaken to work through. It's been a good purchase.

So basically the cheapest way to buy all the up to date stuff with Destiny 2 at the moment is to claim the free copy of Destiny 2 and then purchase Forsaken for £25 (via Battle.net). That gives me everything but the annual pass yes?

Soldato
So basically the cheapest way to buy all the up to date stuff with Destiny 2 at the moment is to claim the free copy of Destiny 2 and then purchase Forsaken for £25 (via Battle.net). That gives me everything but the annual pass yes?

Yup, at first I was put off buying Forsaken until I realised you get the first two DLC they released also. Of course they are releasing more DLC soon but i'm going to see how hungry I am to keep going after all the Forsaken content.

Back
Top Bottom