Destiny 2 on Battle.Net (free if claimed by 18th November)

Associate
Played a tiny bit of the Crucible which feels like the match making is broken. Couple of games us a team of level 20s vs a stack of level 50's????? Balanced much? lol

SBMM (Skill Based Match Making) is not enabled for Crucible Quickplay. Even when it is enabled it can be patchy due to a loose algorithm. Crucible except for the Iron Banner event is normalised so different Guardian and light levels won't matter. Advantages will be from some exotics and weapons but not if they can't aim :)

Soldato
SBMM (Skill Based Match Making) is not enabled for Crucible Quickplay. Even when it is enabled it can be patchy due to a loose algorithm. Crucible except for the Iron Banner event is normalised so different Guardian and light levels won't matter. Advantages will be from some exotics and weapons but not if they can't aim :)

I think we only queued it at the moment because it was part of weekly/daily challenge? What do you recommend queuing for if wanting to play some comp matches?

Associate
I think we only queued it at the moment because it was part of weekly/daily challenge? What do you recommend queuing for if wanting to play some comp matches?

The Competitive mode has SBMM enabled so feel free to jump into that, although you may run into some sweaty players but if challenge is your thing then go for it! I'm not a fan of PvP so can't really add much more.

Associate
I've bought Forsaken. £25 for DLC 1 and 2 plus Forsaken seems good value for money. With the base game free. I can see why Destiny 2 got such bad comments from streamers/community etc though on initial release. If I paid £60 for the base game at release I would be livid! Hit level 20 incredibly quick, so i'm not sure if they have bumped up the xp rewards?

Anyway, i'm enjoying the story and being able to just chill out on PvE. Played a tiny bit of the Crucible which feels like the match making is broken. Couple of games us a team of level 20s vs a stack of level 50's????? Balanced much? lol

Considering I haven't even touched strike teams / raids / other parts of the optional quests and still have Forsaken to work through. It's been a good purchase.

Wow, where did you get it from for £25? Its showing up as £40 everywhere for me.

Levelling is so quick. I got it for like £20 on a deal shortly after release and it was alright for that - but even then hitting level 20 was so fast. Grinding up power level was a bit slower and was pretty awful. I haven't tried PVP but when I tried strikes and raids they were pretty enjoyable. I bought the first expansion and was very disappointed and quit for a while.

I've spent the last week levelling an alt character with friends new to the game and i've enjoyed it. I'm approaching 30 on that so i'll probably get Forsaken to carry on after that.

Soldato
Wow, where did you get it from for £25? Its showing up as £40 everywhere for me.

Levelling is so quick. I got it for like £20 on a deal shortly after release and it was alright for that - but even then hitting level 20 was so fast. Grinding up power level was a bit slower and was pretty awful. I haven't tried PVP but when I tried strikes and raids they were pretty enjoyable. I bought the first expansion and was very disappointed and quit for a while.

I've spent the last week levelling an alt character with friends new to the game and i've enjoyed it. I'm approaching 30 on that so i'll probably get Forsaken to carry on after that.

There was a small discount direct from Blizzard which ended yesterday I think. The first DLC is pretty poor I have to admit. The bonus weapons look cool but rightly I keep getting told that the Forsaken content makes 95% of them obsolete. So i've started Forsaken last night and hit level 50 too. I'm shocked how easy it was to level up to max.

Soldato
I did the same, logged in to the app on my pc and there was a unclaimed gift which was this so grabbed it for free.

80gb download which I have not got round to doing yet. What are people's impressions like as it's for free? I've never played the game but I wasn't going to turn Down a fee game lol

Soldato
It's very much like D1, but new planets, weapons, I think classes skill trees but never looked into them on D1 much, and Forsaken IMO is the cream of the crop.

Back
Top Bottom