Destiny 2

Soldato
Nothing new there then :eek: :p :D

I managed to get to 358 doing the flashpoints and heroics. God I hate glass

:eek: How rude!

:p

I am up to 360.... Finally got some drops that made a difference!

Your perfect Warlock jumps in the Gauntlet though...

Well I was ok when running the final part....

To be fair the timing on killing the Psion and getting to the next platform in time is quite tight... That is my excuse and I am sticking to it! :D

Soldato
:eek: How rude!

:p

I am up to 360.... Finally got some drops that made a difference!

Well I was ok when running the final part....

To be fair the timing on killing the Psion and getting to the next platform in time is quite tight... That is my excuse and I am sticking to it! :D

I wouldn't know about that part, I've only ever been a runner...

What I can say though, it was nice to play together again! I miss those D1 days with us doing the raid all the time (Although I never got to Oryx and Wrath of the Machine)

Caporegime
Escalation protocol is quite a ball if you manage to get enough people in lol.

Have done around 4 full completions and managed to snag the brutally awesome shotgun that could drop along with the smg and sniper.

Tomo I’ll be spending most of the day running full escalation protocols to see if I can nab the smg and sniper.

Caporegime
So after about 15 EP completed, all 7 waves I’ve managed to snag all the weapons including the shotgun, sniper and the smg which in all honesty is absolutely brutal...hardly any recoil and melts adds shields like a hot knife through butter. All 3 are brutally good, the hand cannon isn’t too bad either.

But been doing it with a group and most of them have done around 30-40 completions without much luck. I guess rng loves me lol and gave me all the weapons lol.

Associate
I've not been around to game due to back issues (couldn't sit in one position for long periods) but definately want some of the powerful raid gear. Used to look forward to raiding each week.

Haven't got footage of many completions (a couple of the other guys might) but here's a couple of runs which may bring some more guys back to the fold for nostalgia. Loved the wrath of the machine and VOG, saying that Crota was always fun in the pit of thrall (invis all the way):

And the Calus run with Owen clutching and burning him down with Lightning (I whiffed a few shields lol):

So much fun when it all comes together.

Associate
Aksis fight had the best raid music - period. Now its used in the Iron Banner on D2 and I still hum along to it :D.

This was closely followed by the change of music when you picked up the sword relic from the bearer in the fight against Crota. Those invisible hunter ninja strats and seeing all the jellyhorns flying in to Crota's chest. Good times!

Shawrey

Associate
So after about 15 EP completed, all 7 waves I’ve managed to snag all the weapons including the shotgun, sniper and the smg which in all honesty is absolutely brutal...hardly any recoil and melts adds shields like a hot knife through butter. All 3 are brutally good, the hand cannon isn’t too bad either.

But been doing it with a group and most of them have done around 30-40 completions without much luck. I guess rng loves me lol and gave me all the weapons lol.

How are you getting groups for EP? I've tried the100 and typically the groups are full before I've even had a chance to sign up. Alternatively I've been hoping between transit points and can't find anyone doing them, or if they are they can't down the lv1 ogre.

Soldato
I will have to find my vids now..

Will watch the reveal tonight and see what direction they are taking the game in.

Whilst fun can be had playing D2 the actual game itself is no where near as good as it should have been (jumping off from D1 Yr 3 as the base).

Soldato
How are you getting groups for EP? I've tried the100 and typically the groups are full before I've even had a chance to sign up. Alternatively I've been hoping between transit points and can't find anyone doing them, or if they are they can't down the lv1 ogre.

I'm the same mate... I've got to Level 2 a few times, but never any further. No-one randomly on Mars usually either. I would love to smash a Level 7...

Caporegime
Mostly the100 is where I set up my games. But I have a group of randoms now that we do the EP together. But the other night I was just sitting at the glacial drift and was sent an invite by some random asking if I want to help out. Probably helps if you are 370 above.

But the destiny rng gods have been extremely kind to me, 14 completions and all the EP weapons. Some of the guys I’ve been doing it with have done over 40 completions and still haven’t got the sniper or smg. So at the moment I’m not liked by them:p

Associate
It was gotta be fair :) Here's a Crota challenge we done, just before this we did the death singer challenge (sorry still don't know how to embed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5G8NRhy-8I

Vosik Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrxIs9xw2Q8

Great videos, brings back so many good memories of the real Destiny.

I used to hate running the sword on Crota, I knew that a lot rested on it so would get nervous and die every time :D. The teleporting captains on Vosik were the worst as well.

They have to bring back the good stuff in the raids to revive Destiny. After all, that's what you work towards in most things you do.

Forsaken trailer looks good but then again they always do. I'll be buying it but with no expectations this time, hope some of the magic comes back for people who don't just want to farm tokens.

Soldato
Having watched the reveal stream last night I came away with mixed thoughts:

It appears that a lot of what made D1 Yr3 (and D1) in general better than D2 is coming back. This is a good thing in general but also means that a lot of focus / resource has been placed on things we already had (D1) and not new stuff.... you know, what a sequel should bring..

Anyway the quick rundown is:

- Random rolls (horizontal progression)
- Armour perks (This needed to come back!)
- Weapon slot overhaul (It was stated on stream that you roll like D1, D2 or have three shotguns).
- Collections (Now on your character and expanded to include Ships, Sparrows, shaders (!) and exotics.
- Lore will be in game ("Found in the world and pieced together") - assumed to be a form of codex but nothing shown.
- BOW!!
- New subclasses or subclass overhauls (again this wasn't expanded upon)
- New Raid which is being touted as if VoG and King's Fall had a baby.... (This sounds ******* awesome to be fair!!).
- New challenging end game content
- A new gamemode which appears to be a mixture of POE & PVP. Looks interesting but withholding judgement until more information is given.
- Mod overhaul (no details given)
- A revised focus on the "hobby" aspect that drew people into D1. More things to grind for and more things to keep players coming back week on week.
- Probably loads more that I can't recall!

Now the big negative appears to be this new "Annual Pass" which they spent a good 10 minutes rambling on about. The details are not 100% clear but it appears to sit ON TOP OF the "season pass" and will grant players extra rewards and items. Again not 100% confirmed (just going on the reveal stream) but this sounds.... er.... ****! It reads like they are essentially stripping content from the main expansion and putting it behind an additional paywall.

There was no mention of what role Eververse will play in the new expansion.

Overall impressions are mixed to positive factoring in all the aspects of the reveal. There is a lot to like about what they are bringing (back!) with the expansion but I am concerned about what the Annual pass guff is all about. D2 is not in a great place overall and it really doesn't feel like this is a good time to be adding additional paywalls.

EDIT: I imagine those on the PC who have not played D1 will feel more positive about this expansion. Taken in isolation a lot of the changes coming are really positive and what the game desperately needs; depth.

However, those of us who put in 1,000+ hours into D1 on console will understand that, with this expansion, D2 will finally be at the point it should have been at in Sept 2017!

Soldato
It wasn’t 100% clear on stream but I did see people commenting on the pricing of £70 for the deluxe version ( inc expansions) and £80 for deluxe plus annual pass.

We need more info from Bungo tbh.

Edit: just checked and those prices are usd not gbp. Currently pan is listing foresaken plus annual pass at £60 and digital deluxe at £70. Can’t see any further on my phone atm. Hopefully it is included with the normal season pass though!

Back
Top Bottom