Destiny 2

Soldato
Trust me Mark, Osiris compared to THIS, is a drop in the ocean. It is pure amazing.

I haven't even finished the shore area yet and I am blown away.

Having played the Osiris "story" levelling up on the PC the difference to Forsaken is night and day.

Mrs and I have been playing it for the last 3 evenings and not even finished the main campaign yet. We haven't been messing about either as there is so many different things to do now. Yes some are grindy but that is the nature of the game. Not even seen the dreaming city yet so have that to look forward to.

The new sandbox coupled with the expansions content has really breathed life into the game.

Also watched Fruit and the dream team take on the NF (new strike) at 30PL below recommended. Holy crap that is D1 NF difficulty right there..

EDIT: I am going to go out on a limb right now and say that this DLC has done far more for D2 than even TTK did for D1.. It has made that much of a difference.

Associate
I wasn't going to bother with this DLC, I thought D2 was beyond saving....... but I'm man enough to admit I was wrong this is the successor to D1 that I wished for.

Haven't put silly hours into it but really enjoying it. Not finished the story, not tried Gambit, not been in the crucible but still finding plenty to do.

Soldato
Quick question guys, I played destiny 2 base game on pc. I'm going to pick up the complete set on PS4 but dont want to do the campaign again. Can I use that special item to hit end game level and skip the original campaign? If so can I then start with the first dlc and work my way through or will I only be able to play the dlc content if I finish the main story of the base game first? Hope that makes sense

Matt

Associate
I might cave in and buy the Legendary collection as I am really enjoying the freebie edition and I played through all of the D1 collection story in solo (I was very late to the game).

Soldato
I wasn't going to bother with this DLC, I thought D2 was beyond saving....... but I'm man enough to admit I was wrong this is the successor to D1 that I wished for.

Haven't put silly hours into it but really enjoying it. Not finished the story, not tried Gambit, not been in the crucible but still finding plenty to do.

Assuming I can actually hit 500 PL do you want to hit up some Gambit / PVP at the weekend? (Maybe with Mak & Staley)?

Soldato
Goddammit!

Got drunk last night and bought Forsaken.

I wasn't going to pay full whack for this one. I haven't even played Warmind as Osiris put me right off the game and the whole endgame was extremely boring.

Oh well, best get stuck back in now and try and get my monies worth.

Associate
Great update, really enjoying it, gambits ace and found some amazing auto rifles, love the bow, new pulse rifle is also ace.

Not got a bad roll drop of a weapon yet although miss exotic drops and infusions well expensive now.

All in all very impressive update, shame it’s cost me around hundred quid to get here lol, although to be fair price per hour played seems reasonable considering most games last 10 / 15 hours.

Associate
PS4 control system seems really off compared to all other shooters I've played. Not sure I want to try to get used to it as it will throw me out for everything else.

Associate
I find the control system easy enough and used to hate fps on console after 20+ years of Kb+m on PC. It was Destiny 1 that got me hooked. I turn off auto aim/assist, if it's an option (not in Destiny though), and turn up look/aim sensitivity to what feels right.

Stick at it and enjoy a fun game from the laid back way :D.

I did buy the Legendary edition, as it turned out we didn't end up using some Game reward credit for some thing else other than an Xbox One pad. Pleased to discover all the non base game content was code based, so I don't have to use the disc to play.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Did a Blind Well event in the dreaming city yesterday, only Tier 1 but was a good laugh, very frantic firefights. Shame it dropped naff loot but the journey was enjoyable!

Yeah been grinding that on tier 2, managed to get another seed of light to drop after god knows how many attempts lol but yeah its fun, reminds me of Court of Oryx and Archon's forge.

Back
Top Bottom