*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
little monkey is banned from touching the PS4 now - he can stick to his cruddy xbox lol.
It all works fine - all my games are digital anyhow, just his one Lego Marvel game that was on disc - and he had to somehow mess it up lol

don't know how I'm gunna manage two weeks without Destiny - i'm well addicted to a daily fix!

Maybe it was his inner xbox fanboy that compelled him to destroy the PS4! Shame that it'll take so long for the repair though, here's hoping that you get it back sooner!

Caporegime
Sorry for the noob question but are there any minimum requirements for raiding? I'm level 27 but I'm still on blue primary attack weapons and maybe a couple of weeks away from having enough Vanguard Marks to buy a legendary :(

I tried to kid myself that I wasn't interested in doing the raid but reality has now set in. Wouldn't mind joining in a PS4 raid at the weekend if there's a spare slot going for a VoG virgin.

Associate
Has anyone got any good strategies for defeating the Templar?

We tried maybe 10+ times and he always enraged, just so much happening at once, does the ledge trick still work as that's the only thing we didn't try?

Caporegime
OP
Uber you sure you don't wanna try it on Hard? Just gonna get harder while Bungie enforce the rules which is why I was saying to get it done sooner rather than later.

It does seem that there are quite a few people that have just cheesed the raid so with all these new rules even normal is now hard for them as having to learn to do it the proper way...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato

We tried maybe 10+ times and he always enraged, just so much happening at once, does the ledge trick still work as that's the only thing we didn't try?

easy peasy - do your thing - until the relic shield appears, then just hide under the pillars to the right of where you pickup the relic from ;) whole team can hide under there, pop out to take the shield down when relic recharges.

Associate

Last Friday we had a good one. We just hid behind a pillar until relic holder could smash the shields and then unleashed hell 2 - 3 times. After half his health was down I admittedly got bored and decided to block the teleports. So we had 5 people nail the Templar and I ran around denying teleports and attacking the oracles I could see. Not entirely recommended but it's easy enough once you get into it!

Uber you sure you don't wanna try it on Hard? Just gonna get harder while Bungie enforce the rules which is why I was saying to get it done sooner rather than later.

It does seem that there are quite a few people that have just cheesed the raid so with all these new rules even normal is now hard for them as having to learn to do it the proper way...

I'm game for Hard mode, just depends if we can get a decent team of 6 together for it!

Associate
easy peasy - do your thing - until the relic shield appears, then just hide under the pillars to the right of where you pickup the relic from ;) whole team can hide under there, pop out to take the shield down when relic recharges.

Oh ok, sounds pretty easy, so do you basically forget the oracles and cleanse everyone before he purges?

Associate

I've never cheesed the raid, its easy. What changes make normal harder?

Associate
Hi guys,

Finally got my Warlock to 27 slightly lacking in the weapon department but have managed to acquire the super pox pulse although its not upgraded at all yet. Wouldn't mind joining in with the weeklies/nightfalls or raid now if someone wants to guide a novice through available most evenings from about 19:45, am on Xbox 1

GT is WriteThatD0wn

Caporegime
OP
I've never cheesed the raid, its easy. What changes make normal harder?
Oh just things like using the floating platform for the Templar fight (pretty much all that whole fight) that they already stopped and now tomorrow people won't be able to push Atheon off which seems to be the goto process on Hard Raids - no one even attempts to try it the normal way..

No real need to cheese it on normal really

Last edited:
Permabanned
Have You finished last boss off yesterday or gave up ??? Cheese way or normal way ?? Had to get some sleep b4 work today was sleeping on pad by 8pm.

So far i have spent over 9 hours in total and never got to finish raid off. Or someone could come with me and push him off before tomorrows fix ??

Last edited:
Associate
Have You finished last boss off yesterday or gave up ??? Cheese way or normal way ?? Had to get some sleep b4 work today was sleeping on pad by 8pm.

So far i have spent over 9 hours in total and never got to finish raid off. Or someone could come with me and push him off before tomorrows fix ??

I cheesed it solo after we gave up, but we are planning on reconvening at 8pm to finish him off (one way or another).

/edit - I would prefer to do it the proper way if possible, so cheese will be a last resort (especially as the patch will probably hit tomorrow).

Last edited:
Associate
Oh just things like using the floating platform for the Templar fight (pretty much all that whole fight) that they already stopped and now tomorrow people won't be able to push Atheon off which seems to be the goto process on Hard Raids - no one even attempts to try it the normal way..

No real need to cheese it on normal really

Good they are fixing it, not interested in completing hard doing the above anyway.

They should open the new path way to templar on hard mode only.

Hard mode, you require 3 defender Titans and 3 warlocks i think, with raid weapons at 300.

Thinking about it could just stay at the top and don't jump down? Or maybe keep two players up top with a sniper. One titan on each side and in the middle at far back with the last warlock.

Associate
Good they are fixing it, not interested in completing hard doing the above anyway.

They should open the new path way to templar on hard mode only.

Hard mode, you require 3 defender Titans and 3 warlocks i think, with raid weapons at 300.

Thinking about it could just stay at the top and don't jump down? Or maybe keep two players up top with a sniper. One titan on each side and in the middle at far back with the last warlock.

Would work until you have to cleanse. Would have to get the relic holder up there as well!

Back
Top Bottom