Detective OCUK forums! Help me find this registration of this close pass driver.

Man of Honour
Saw a close one (not to the cyclist) yesterday - myself and the car in front had been stuck behind what appeared to be 2 old ladies having a good natter while doing 20 MPH in a 30/40 and 35 MPH in a NSL for some time so I suspect the driver in front was a bit frustrated/impatient - we'd just overtaken them and then came to a cyclist and the car in front of me went around the cyclist on a bend and was inches from a car coming the other way (both were doing about 40 MPH - so it was fairly close).

85H2F39.png

Soldato
100% cyclists fault - doesn't pay road tax so shouldn't be on the road.

I know you're being tongue in cheek there, but seriously it's got nothing to do with road tax. Push bikes shouldn't be on the road because it's just a downright dangerous place to be. Most motorists are idiots and even those that aren't are susceptible to human error, and when that happens the cyclist has practically no mechanical protection whatsoever.

It's utter madness that it's the law to wear seat belts, have functional air bags, ABS, ncap safety standards etc.. yet a 5 year old on a push bike can legally use the same road.

Man of Honour
I know you're being tongue in cheek there, but seriously it's got nothing to do with road tax. Push bikes shouldn't be on the road because it's just a downright dangerous place to be. Most motorists are idiots and even those that aren't are susceptible to human error, and when that happens the cyclist has practically no mechanical protection whatsoever.

It's utter madness that it's the law to wear seat belts, have functional air bags, ABS, ncap safety standards etc.. yet a 5 year old on a push bike can legally use the same road.

Has a 7 year cycle commuter with lots of stories, I 100% agree with you and that's why I hopefully minimise my risk by taking the route I take.
I know I'm hated on the road and I will let vehicles have priority over me even if it's my priority.
I lost the will to argue 6.5 years ago and decided to ride completely different.
The only time I started to argue again was when I had a headcam and I started to think if the headcam was getting me into situations I'd avoided for several years, I got rid and I went back to peaceful riding.

Man of Honour
Push bikes shouldn't be on the road because it's just a downright dangerous place to be. Most motorists are idiots and even those that aren't are susceptible to human error, and when that happens the cyclist has practically no mechanical protection whatsoever.

I have a lot of sympathy for cyclists actually - but something I forgot to add - the car that myself and the white car overtook just before that was doing 20 MPH in a 30/40 and 35 in a NSL, etc. I watched in my rear view as they just brushed past the cyclist - at least they wouldn't have been hit at much speed I guess :s

We seriously need some investment IMO in a proper cycling infrastructure - but I guess the return just isn't there :( the reality is regardless the roads I travel on a lot are just a super dangerous place for cyclists to be these days - however much the cyclist might have a right to be there and drivers should be more cautious.

Soldato

Agreed, and don't even get me started on the Horses.

Back
Top Bottom