Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Associate
When I first installed this game I was not expecting much from it after all the bad press but it turned out to be very good a few to many bug which really should have been fixed but other wise not bad by the time I reached the end I wanted more. I hope they stop sulking and get on with the next story, can`t wait.

Caporegime
This thread reminds me that I've barely touched this game, which is surprising since it's one the best gaming series ever created. Eventually, I'm sure I'll get around to playing/streaming it.

Soldato
Even though I enjoyed it, this is the only DE game that I don't feel compelled to replay.

The original DE - 6 times
Invisible War - 4 times
Human Revolution - 3 times
Mankind Divided - Once

Consistent with the drop in general quality of gameplay and depth, imo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Even though I enjoyed it, this is the only DE game that I don't feel compelled to replay.

The original DE - 6 times
Invisible War - 4 times
Human Revolution - 3 times
Mankind Divided - Once

Consistent with the drop in general quality of gameplay and depth, imo.
Tried to replay Human Revolution a couple of days ago but that game has not aged well imo. Sadly lost interest early on and uninstalled. That never happens when I install the original, I always complete it.

I enjoyed HR’s story better, but level design, gameplay and graphics are much better in MD.

Soldato
Tried to replay Human Revolution a couple of days ago but that game has not aged well imo. Sadly lost interest early on and uninstalled. That never happens when I install the original, I always complete it.

I enjoyed HR’s story better, but level design, gameplay and graphics are much better in MD.

Yeah I've tried to reply HR a few times but I usually lose interest about half way through.

Can't remember a single thing about this game tbh.

Soldato
When I first installed this game I was not expecting much from it after all the bad press but it turned out to be very good a few to many bug which really should have been fixed but other wise not bad by the time I reached the end I wanted more. I hope they stop sulking and get on with the next story, can`t wait.

Yes I actually thought there was a load of great content in the game, they just shot themselves in both feet with the launch fiasco and ridiculous performance problems at launch. I’m actually looking forward to replaying this now, as I recall the gameworld was very impressive, Prague was beautiful and it took me a fair while to figure out my way into every apartment. It was fun to explore. Even some of the side quests were detailed and very good, one of them was proper creepy, she was a right psycho, I do seem to attract them!

Associate
Even some of the side quests were detailed and very good, one of them was proper creepy, she was a right psycho, I do seem to attract them!
That the Divali gangsters wife? Cracking accent though.
I've just got to Switzerland again, love this mission. Much sneaks. :)

Soldato
This thread made me re-install and attempt another playthrough last Friday. Started ok but a main complaint is the conversation parts are so stilted, it's thrown off my immersion massively to the point that 4 hours into it, I uninstalled last night and don't think i'll try again. I'm up to 11 hours played total across 4 separate attempts, it's killing me that i've given up.

The original is my favourite game of all time, enjoyed the sequels for the most part and most of HR, this is just absurdly bad on all fronts. I haz a sad :(

Associate
This thread made me re-install and attempt another playthrough last Friday. Started ok but a main complaint is the conversation parts are so stilted, it's thrown off my immersion massively to the point that 4 hours into it, I uninstalled last night and don't think i'll try again. I'm up to 11 hours played total across 4 separate attempts, it's killing me that i've given up.

The original is my favourite game of all time, enjoyed the sequels for the most part and most of HR, this is just absurdly bad on all fronts. I haz a sad :(

I came to the party late and only played the last two, loved both of them. I came off the back of the Mass Effect series so clunky dialogue wasn't exactly a problem to me!

Man of Honour

Unfortunately this is where I am as well - the original is up there with my favourite games of all time and played it through so many times, and I mostly enjoyed HR despite some bits being better than others but MD I just can't get into.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Sad indeed, as gameplay and graphics I found to be very good. Felt the same recently when I could not get into HR. Hopefully they make a remake of the original.

By the way to anyone who has HR, do not bother with Directors Cut. It is a inferior Nintendo Wii U port it seems. Has a bunch of bugs. I have both and I just play the normal version.

Soldato
Same

What makes me mad/sad is when people that state that MD is a great game or even the best DX inevitably let on that they don't care about story and I'm like "WTF?" I mean we can all agree that, technically, DX:MD is a massive achievement and step up in terms of graphics with great gameplay elements but we push forward to find out what happens next in a DX game.

The whole experience felt like the worlds most elaborate mission pack with a side dose of left-wing patronising quasi-apartheid BS thrown in.

The woman EM brought in to oversee the project didn't have or care for a clue as to what the nature of the story line was in either DX or HR.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Same

What makes me mad/sad is when people that state that MD is a great game or even the best DX inevitably let on that they don't care about story and I'm like "WTF?" I mean we can all agree that, technically, DX:MD is a massive achievement and step up in terms of graphics with great gameplay elements but we push forward to find out what happens next in a DX game.

The whole experience felt like the worlds most elaborate mission pack with a side dose of left-wing patronising quasi-apartheid BS thrown in.

The woman EM brought in to oversee the project didn't have or care for a clue as to what the nature of the story line was in either DX or HR.
Yeah, that was a bad move bringing her in. They should have tried to bring in Sheldon Pacotti. Would have made a huge difference to the success of the games imo. I think they underestimate how important story is to Deus Ex.

Soldato
Sad indeed, as gameplay and graphics I found to be very good. Felt the same recently when I could not get into HR. Hopefully they make a remake of the original.

By the way to anyone who has HR, do not bother with Directors Cut. It is a inferior Nintendo Wii U port it seems. Has a bunch of bugs. I have both and I just play the normal version.

What? Wii!? I played the original Deus Ex HR and it was my game of the year (and the year after). But when I also got the director’s cut it had a whole extra mission in it on a boat, that was massive, and really good. I don’t recall any bugs in HR (as opposed to MD on launch!)

Deus Ex: HR is still one of the best games I’ve played in the last number of years since its release. That is why I was so confused about the ridiculous performance problems with MD (at launch).

Back
Top Bottom