Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've played through it twice, once when it was released and again in 2009. Both times were a chore but there are some strong links to the story of the first game that are worth seeing and if weren't for those then I probably would never go back to it.

I think IW could have been a really great game if they didn't downgrade the interface and dumb the game down so much.
Never felt like a chore for me. Completed at least 4 times since release.

Installed and got it working with a mod at 4K. Will be starting again soon :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@Secret_Window here you go mate:

IW1.jpg
#

IW2.jpg

IW3.jpg

IW4.jpg

IW5.jpg

IW6.jpg

Heron's Loft, a very memorable location in this game for me for some reason.

Funny how the physics work in the game, I chucked Sophia Sak's body like 20 feet up. Lol

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I used to throw bodies all over so much, the physics is great.
Yeah. Fun stuff :)

Recently completed Invisible War. I enjoyed it. I think the game gets too much hate. People judge it harshly due to how much better the original was, but if you ignore that then it is a good game imo. Just a shame they designed it for consoles or it would have been a lot better imo.

Caporegime
I don't know who Embracer are
Except they seem to close down games and developers left right and centre
It's another story of late-stage capitalism gone utterly mad.

They are about 1-2 billion in debt, depending who you ask. They borrow money and buy up studios. Then they borrow more money and buy more studios.

This isn't the first time they've run aground and needed to "restructure" aka lay off hundreds of staff.

The investors lend to them on the grounds that they will grow forever. They need to keep buying more and more studios. When a deal falls through, investors get scared, they can't borrow more money, and have to service their (staggering) debts.

It's absolutely insane, but this is what "entrepreneurship" looks like in 2024. Debt-laden madness based on infinite growth for infinite returns to investors, and then all the actual workers get ******.

Man of Honour
It's another story of late-stage capitalism gone utterly mad.

They are about 1-2 billion in debt, depending who you ask. They borrow money and buy up studios. Then they borrow more money and buy more studios.

This isn't the first time they've run aground and needed to "restructure" aka lay off hundreds of staff.

The investors lend to them on the grounds that they will grow forever. They need to keep buying more and more studios. When a deal falls through, investors get scared, they can't borrow more money, and have to service their (staggering) debts.

It's absolutely insane, but this is what "entrepreneurship" looks like in 2024. Debt-laden madness based on infinite growth for infinite returns to investors, and then all the actual workers get ******.

Yeah going on in retail, etc. as well - IIRC Asda is dealing with a similar situation at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom