Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

Soldato
One thing i've always wondered about the original HR trailer is why are most of them scenes not in the game? And IIRC that huge building in the ocean with the hole, you don't even go there.

You go to one of the built installations in the game near the end of the game, although I am not entirely sure it is the same as the one shown in the trailer.

Taken from Deus Ex wiki:

The Panchaea (Greek: Παγγαια) are vast installations, constructed within an oceanic body of water, and featured in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It is a geo-engineering project located in the arctic with the goal of curbing global warming.

Background
Designed and funded by the eccentric billionaire and inventor of modern mechanical augmentations, Hugh Darrow, the Panchaea installations are designed to stem the advance of global warming. The Arctic installation that Adam Jensen eventually visits is almost operational, and at least four more are being built around the world - one in the Indian Ocean, another in the south Pacific, and two more in the Atlantic Ocean.

Darrow only hires augmented workers to construct these massive installations and states to Adam Jensen that the installation would not have been possible without them. In an interview with Picus News, Darrow explains that the installation uses iron seeding and geothermal management to regulate the ocean's temperature.

Several people are vocally skeptical, however. A common perception quated by Darrow and several random bystanders, is that Panchaea and its ambitious potential might kill all of humanity. Lazarus believes that the installation is simply a scheme to make money, as Darrow Industries profits from global warming (though everything Lazarus says must be taken with a grain of salt).

Panchaea is a large, deep pit of over 300 meters in diameter. It features two docks that accommodate freighters powered by solar Turbosail from XNG Shipping Company and two tall towers surrounded by cranes and pylons with radar protected by radomes.

Function
The officially stated purpose of Panchaea is to counter the effects of the global warming. In order to do so, the facility promotes growth of phytoplankton by dispersing iron into the ocean. The underlying expectation is that more carbon will be trapped in biomass and then deposited on the ocean floor as sediment. The specifics of the implementation, however, are more vague and little is known about the exact function of the device located inside Panchaea. It contains a ring section like large particle accelerators (especially synchrotons) have. In said subsection of the station superconducting cryodipole magnets confine and accelerate what can be assumed to be iron particles for the experiment. They can be seen in-game flying through the evacuated beam pipes. The large cavity facing the server room is probably the place where they are being used in a way to influence the atmosphere.

Man of Honour
One thing i've always wondered about the original HR trailer is why are most of them scenes not in the game? And IIRC that huge building in the ocean with the hole, you don't even go there.

Like the original game the intended content was quite ambitious and a fair amount got cut, IIRC they had about 40% done of a huge outdoor section of Montreal for HR that got cut.

Original game had a moonbase level with a similar amount of content to the underwater lab and mexican frontier story arc 1/3rd the size of the shipped game that were cut - again both had a fair amount of work put into them before they were dropped.

Soldato
Thank goodness. After replaying DXHR (and missing link) no new games have come close to this yet. DXHR is probably the best stealth game I have ever played, I think it was still excellent on my third playthrough, it's just dripping with quality. I will almost certainly replay it again, easily one of the best games of the last five years or so for me.

Associate
Thank goodness. After replaying DXHR (and missing link) no new games have come close to this yet. DXHR is probably the best stealth game I have ever played, I think it was still excellent on my third playthrough, it's just dripping with quality. I will almost certainly replay it again, easily one of the best games of the last five years or so for me.

Dishonored is worth a look, if you're into stealthy actiony fun.

Associate
Announcement Trailer:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided directly follows the aftermath of the Aug Incident, a day when mechanically augmented citizens all over the world were stripped of control over their minds and bodies, resulting in the deaths of millions of innocents. The year is now 2029, and the golden era of augmentations is over. Mechanically augmented humans have been deemed outcasts and segregated from the rest of society. Crime and acts of terror serve as a thin veil to cover up an overarching conspiracy aimed at controlling the future of mankind…

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is coming soon on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. #CantKillProgress

Soldato
Nice. I think they done very well with the remake although I would like to see them go that bit further with more depth in customisation of character and larger levels. Although they were faithful to the idea of providing multiple ways to complete an objective it did still feel a bit railroaded.

Associate
Okay, this is more like it :D

The revisiting of the NWO/Illuminati (Illuminate :p) stuff is reminiscent of the first game.

However, there does seem to be a rather large amount of fighting in it, but I guess it makes a better trailer. The music also had some links to the HR theme, Icarus, which is really amazing. On par with the original IMHO.

If it is like HR, I won't grumble. It is a great game in its own right, not quite up there with the original, but worthy of the name.

It's about the only game I am looking forward to on PC.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay, this is more like it :D

The revisiting of the NWO/Illuminati (Illuminate :p) stuff is reminiscent of the first game.

However, there does seem to be a rather large amount of fighting in it, but I guess it makes a better trailer. The music also had some links to the HR theme, Icarus, which is really amazing. On par with the original IMHO.

If it is like HR, I won't grumble. It is a great game in its own right, not quite up there with the orgiginal, but worthy of the name.

It's about the only game I am looking forward to on PC.

I think there is some MJ12 in there too - as someone in the youtube comment section pointed out. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom