Device to Alert Mum at night if Child needs her

Caporegime
My smart tag 2's ring the phone.

They are garbage for what i wanted them for but they may work for what you want?

ip2tGGv.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
If you go down the doorbell solution, I use a Technet Wireless Self Powered Doorbell (Amazon) as my front doorbell.
The good thing about this is the door press does not use a battery as pressing the switch generates the power to signal the receiver - so you never need to worry about it running out.
The receiver needs to be plugged in but, like many don't, it has a through plug so you can still plug other devices in and not waste a plug socket.

60 chimes.. 59 are rubbish and you will end up using the default.

Reasonably priced too!

Linky

Soldato
I'm struggling to find something online, not sure what to call it when searching.

I would like a device that my 5 yr old can press to alert her mum in the other room in the middle of the night if she needs something (usually a cuddle or her socks taking off)

Controversial opinion but - teach the kid to need less cuddling at night and to take her own socks off at 5 years old? :confused:

*awaits lynching* :p

Soldato
Is there a device that will vibrate on mums wrist or something to alert her if pressed by my daughter.

Cheap chinese smart watch.
Ring doorbell or some other smart button device which when pressed, will ring your phone and hence the smart watch. You can use do not disturb scheduling in Android to not alert you to any other notifications so you can sleep, apart from your important starred contacts (daughter in this instance) which will ring the phone.

Commissario
oh god. that's giving me flashbacks.

When my mum was ill with alzhiemers (before we knew what was wrong) we gave her a little hand bell so that she could get our attention if we were in another room without shouting.

My younger brother still twitches whenever he plays certain games because they use the exact same noise as part of the sound track as the bell, and my mum would be ringing it every few minutes all night long at times.

Man of Honour
Aww, that is exceptionally cute and I don't envy the situation, I have experience with ear plugs/alarms/cats/kids waking up at night, so I can appreciate the fun and games here, although only in an isolated manner rather than the composite problem you are presenting.

I think ultimately I'm in the the "doesn't daughter just walk through to Mum if she needs something?" club, and agreed unless there's some additional reason she needs tending to then one probably wants to snuff out the source of requirement (however admittedly adorable) rather than treat the symptom/add a devices layer to such treatment.

Mine did the walking through needing a cuddle/water/whatever from 2-5 and we had good success through incentive. Might not work for yours or if there's additional reasons why she needs to be tended to but with ours a star chart attached to her door right in front of her face as she's opening it, with stars received for each night and rewards given at certain milestones - was just the ticket. If she really needed attention she'd still come out of course but generally this worked a treat in the space of a handful of weeks and went from every night multiple times to zero and a happier camper overall. Then again, every child is different and so is every parent, so feel free to tell me to STFU :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom