DFI or MSI?

Caporegime
The thing with buying a DFI is something that has not been covered in this thread.

Its their resale value.

People want them secondhand and they hold good money.
Ultra D's SLI's going for 75 secondhand when they only cost 100 new.

So you can get a good few months of stable computing for 25 quid.

With other mobo's this is not the case.
I would rather shell out knowing I can gain some significant return when I come to upgrade.

Associate
easyrider said:
The thing with buying a DFI is something that has not been covered in this thread.

Its their resale value.

I would rather shell out knowing I can gain some significant return when I come to upgrade.

here here ! :D

Soldato
easyrider said:

Its their resale value.

Hmm... I can see what you are saying there, and indeed, they do hold their value, but then, if they are so good, and are supposed to be the best, then what you are also saying, is that they are so good, that you want to get rid of it too??? :eek:

presumably to buy an MSI then?

Ok, glad we cleared that one up! :D

Caporegime
FatRakoon said:
Hmm... I can see what you are saying there, and indeed, they do hold their value, but then, if they are so good, and are supposed to be the best, then what you are also saying, is that they are so good, that you want to get rid of it too??? :eek:

presumably to buy an MSI then?

Ok, glad we cleared that one up! :D

NO to get a conroe!

lol :D

Soldato
Oh god, I am so bloody sick of the conroe posts, its just no longer funny.

Probably find the Conroe in real world terms will be just like any other intel... Great for benchmarks and absolute tripe for real use.

Saying that though, Maybe at least I will get an Intel that is actually faster than AMD cos so far, I have yet to have one!
My slowest system at this time, is my 8 year old daughters Newcastle 3000, clocked to 2.5 and its absolutely killing the P4 @ 3.6, so much so, that I have got rid of the P4 after owning it only just over a month! I recon the conroe, while certainly a monster is going to be yet another but-plug in intels long line of them, and will not after all, be the BE-ALL-END-ALL of CPUs as so many of you seem to think it is.

Soldato
dark4orz said:
regardless of what people say, I think I will stick with amd for now.

Yeah, me too!

I tried to get my P4 3.6HT to run things as fast as it should, but I just gave up in the end... Its just too sluggish.

I am overly happy with AMD, and for the forseeable future, AMD will be my systems.

I no longer care about Benchmarks because my P4 had some rockign benchmark scores, but when it came down to simply trying to run a load of stuff, it simply was unable to come even a fraction of the way towards how my AMDs do, even the single cored ones like *** Newcastle 3000 was able to run half a dozen apps, and shut down, and restart and then re-run them all again, before the P4 even managed to finish loading them up the once!!!! - p155 poor performance I would say.

Back
Top Bottom