** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
It takes far too long to level up. I reckon you'd have to play around 3 hours every day during the season to get to 100. I gave up at xmas at level 90 and not played since as I thought there was no point in continuing given the season ends in January

Associate
It takes far too long to level up. I reckon you'd have to play around 3 hours every day during the season to get to 100. I gave up at xmas at level 90 and not played since as I thought there was no point in continuing given the season ends in January

It shouldn't take that long, I think it took me about 30-35 hours to hit 100 in this season, mostly solo but with a few hours group play early on. I guess it does depend somewhat which build you play and how efficiently you grind the exp out though.

Soldato
yeah I think if you're following some sort of build guide (like on icy veins etc) then levelling up is considerably faster than randomly taking skills / paragon points. Didnt take me too long to get my sorc to LVL100 and I started playing about a month into S3

Soldato
Must admit, I'm quite looking forward to jumping into the new season tomorrow.

Going to do a Barbarian and might actually finish the build this time. I've had one character to level 100 but never bothered leveling all the glyphs or beating Uber Lilith.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah same - bring on Season 3! Still not decided which character to level but I’m also quite intrigued as to how life on the eternal realm as a lvl100 sorc is going to play out. Missing all the vampire related buffs combined with the ball lightening nerf will make for a far more challanging existence!
Will do 1 final duriel tonight just for a last harlequin crest related dissapointment :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I face levelling again?

Only made it to mid-90s with my Necro in S2 before burning out... do we know how long s3 will be?
I think the seasons normally last 3 months.

I only managed to get to 84 on my druid on S2 before life got in the way and I never came back to it.

Looking forward to the update to give the WASD movement a try and undecided on a character to level up, may try sorc again as the last time I used this it was my story mode character and not a seasonal 1

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think I can face levelling again either. Really enjoy the game, but to level a 4th toon from scratch, not sure I want to.
Last season I got a barb to 92 and then thought well the seasons over in a few weeks so no point continuing.

Soldato
I'm just gonna play the new story which will take maybe 6 hours, then delete the game again, I still see the game as having no end game so I have no reason to level characters

Associate
I'm just not feeling the urge to play S3. Think I'll wait until they introduce a loot/itemisation 2.0, which won't likely happen until the expansion hits.

Soldato
also now that the expansion is confirmed blizzard have an incentive to not deliver any further major system changes or major new content to the game - why give players improvements for free when you can charge them for it in the expansion

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah I loved season 1 and 2, although I got bored at 92 in s2 and never finished the build.

S3 just doesn't appeal to me, I think I'm done until the expansion now. Just cannot get the motivation to level again. With Diablo 3, I was excited to do a new character every season, because you knew you could be max level within 5 minutes and if you're lucky, paragon level 300+ within an hour or so, combined with all the loot you'd have got being power levelled, you'd be on your way to creating a good build and on your own two feet straight away, to enjoy the season and new features. Instead, with D4, you have to go through the same old content over and over again, slogging your way to 100 over a few days

Soldato
Yeah I loved season 1 and 2, although I got bored at 92 in s2 and never finished the build.

S3 just doesn't appeal to me, I think I'm done until the expansion now. Just cannot get the motivation to level again. With Diablo 3, I was excited to do a new character every season, because you knew you could be max level within 5 minutes and if you're lucky, paragon level 300+ within an hour or so, combined with all the loot you'd have got being power levelled, you'd be on your way to creating a good build and on your own two feet straight away, to enjoy the season and new features. Instead, with D4, you have to go through the same old content over and over again, slogging your way to 100 over a few days
I've not managed to get to 100 yet or even get a complete build done.

Going to jump on tonight but unsure of a class but this is mainly to try the new movement update for WASD as I've been wanting this since D3 days lol

Associate
New seasons live, decided to go with a Barbarian. New season starts off pretty much as the last, then sends you off to the new dungeons and teaches you the mechanics. Otherwise it’s the same grind upgrading stones instead of bloods etc.

Good enough for me to idle away an hour or so here or there working my way through the challenges and building up a new character.

Back
Top Bottom