** Diablo 4 Thread **

Around 64 now, wt3 - am I wasting materials on changing affixes at this point?
Yeah, don't waste too many materials in WT3 - you'll very quickly reach WT4 ... and that's where you want to be using all your resources. And even then, I'd say use materials sparingly until you obtain item level 925 gear.

I would get a lift into WT4 asap, and then spend some times in Hell tides or the Hordes to level up quickly. The world boss drops 925 gear which is easy to survive while other players kill the boss for you.

At 64 you should be able to solo the capstone dungeon to get to WT4 and then level to 100 doing only NM dungeons to level your paragon glyphs to 21 and get aspects to max level.

Do dungeons per region so you get the 4 free paragon points in the last tier of each.

Make sure you put seasonal ashes which you get free from the battlepass into xp gain and glyph xp.

When glyphs are maxed, do Hordes to get gear with greater affixes. Then do pits to masterwork your affixes on your new gear from the pits.

Also do world bosses every time they are up.

At 64 you should be able to solo the capstone dungeon to get to WT4 and then level to 100 doing only NM dungeons to level your paragon glyphs to 21 and get aspects to max level.

Do dungeons per region so you get the 4 free paragon points in the last tier of each.

Make sure you put seasonal ashes which you get free from the battlepass into xp gain and glyph xp.

When glyphs are maxed, do Hordes to get gear with greater affixes. Then do pits to masterwork your affixes on your new gear from the pits.

Also do world bosses every time they are up.

Following this now. Missed those seasonal ashes bonus. I'm guessing running lower tiers of nm dungeons in wt3 is now pointless due to the lack of glyph xp compared to higher tiers?

You can get ilevel 925 items at any point in WT4, but they drop more commonly when you are lvl 85+

Realised rerolling gear from wt4 is pretty heavy on mats. Knowing that it's probably best to just wait until 85+ then. It's not cheap with gold either.

Do Tree of Whispers for gold on WT4 it will come quite quickly. At 65 in Helltides pop 2 profane mindcages which will make mobs 85+ so 925 gear will start dropping, then spam Rituals for embers to open chests.

Following this now. Missed those seasonal ashes bonus. I'm guessing running lower tiers of nm dungeons in wt3 is now pointless due to the lack of glyph xp compared to higher tiers?

Realised rerolling gear from wt4 is pretty heavy on mats. Knowing that it's probably best to just wait until 85+ then. It's not cheap with gold either.
Best way to earn gold this season is to do an Infernal Horde ( whichever tier you can comfortably do ) and trade in all your aether at the "gold" chest. On higher tiers you will get millions of gold doing this.

As for rerolls, yes it is expensive in WT4 - too expensive, imo. Still too easy to brick an item by getting bad "tempers", too. I've had terrible luck on rolls/drops this season.

Best way to earn gold this season is to do an Infernal Horde ( whichever tier you can comfortably do ) and trade in all your aether at the "gold" chest. On higher tiers you will get millions of gold doing this.

As for rerolls, yes it is expensive in WT4 - too expensive, imo. Still too easy to brick an item by getting bad "tempers", too. I've had terrible luck on rolls/drops this season.

Yes tried that after using some aether on gear then lots remaining on gold and was still something like over 2m I think.

Yes, I thought I was missing something but realised you can brick gear through tempering early on. The double stack needed now is quite nasty. The affix changing I find more annoying as I don't have the gold yet.

They must have improved this so much since launch, as I prefer it to D3 after most of that was fixed. It was just too simple end game although I didn't try later seasons.

Materials chests in higher level hordes is also huge. You can get LOADS of masterworking mats in these - much more efficient than doing pits.

Yes tried that after using some aether on gear then lots remaining on gold and was still something like over 2m I think.

Yes, I thought I was missing something but realised you can brick gear through tempering early on. The double stack needed now is quite nasty. The affix changing I find more annoying as I don't have the gold yet.

They must have improved this so much since launch, as I prefer it to D3 after most of that was fixed. It was just too simple end game although I didn't try later seasons.
On higher IH tiers you get approx. 10 million gold per 100 aether traded in.

Yup, re-rolling affixes is very costly, or at least the cost ramps up quickly with subsequent rolls. I feel this needs toned down - a lot. My strategy this season is to do the "tempers" first - if they work out as planned then I'll re-roll an affix to get the 3 stats I want. For example, yesterday I found a chest piece with 2 greater affixes for stats I wanted - I rerolled the third stat and after many millions of gold got the affix I desired. I then went to temper the item and got the exact same dud roll 6 times in a row bricking the item entirely. Not doing that again !

Last edited:
On higher IH tiers you get approx. 10 million gold per 100 aether traded in.

Yup, re-rolling affixes is very costly, or at least the cost ramps up quickly with subsequent rolls. I feel this needs toned down - a lot. My strategy this season is to do the "tempers" first - if they work out as planned then I'll re-roll an affix to get the 3 stats I want. For example, yesterday I found a chest piece with 2 greater affixes for stats I wanted - I rerolled the third stat and after many millions of gold got the affix I desired. I then went to temper the item and got the exact same dud roll 6 times in a row bricking the item entirely. Not doing that again !
ALWAYS temper first! It's the only thing that can brick an item realistically.

Back
Top Bottom