** Diablo 4 Thread **

Has anyone else had a lot of the game crashing since the expansion came out? It's been terrible for me.

I've noticed if I sit AFK for a minute or 2 in the bubbles at the end of e.g. the pit, that my game will crash. First noticed it on the infernal hordes, thought it was a one off but happened a few times in a row now when testing it. Very odd, never had any crashes from release until this.

Different note - I'm too old for this evade spam build haha it's a lot of fun (mindless for when tired) but haven't found a comfortable key bind for it yet. I've seen people mention mouse wheels but mine isn't a free spinning wheel.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had a lot of the game crashing since the expansion came out? It's been terrible for me.
not had a single crash here.

Played yesterday on and off, 1 session was a good 2 hours or so.,

Played this morning for another 45 mins without any issues.
Yes, loads. Feels like a memory leak. Happens on my PC and Series X.
Tried re installing the game at all? (On PC)

not had a single crash here.

Played yesterday on and off, 1 session was a good 2 hours or so.,

Played this morning for another 45 mins without any issues.

Tried re installing the game at all? (On PC)
I haven't, no. But I have verified the files and no errors are shown. To be honest, the problem isn't on my end ... it's Blizzard's. There are tons of people experiencing crashes this season. I'm 99% certain it's a memory leak ; it happens after about an hour or so of gameplay and after teleporting / loading into a new environment. If I play in shorter bursts of 30 - 40 minutes I don't have any crashes. It's the same on console, too.

Last edited:
picked up the dlc on Friday and played through the new campaign over the weekend. Didn't have any issues with 32gb ram but play sessions where only 1-2 hours each.

the campaign just felt like a slog to get through, the last half was pretty much just skipping dialogue and movies. Didn't care for any of the characters this time around, way worse than the base campaign.

The dlc campaign levelling was weird, so much XP from the campaign turn ins and almost nothing from killing monsters made it feel like the best approach was to just run past everything as all the non elites felt totally pointless

It's a memory leak. If you turn off hardware acceleration in windows settings, the battlenet launcher and any browsers you have running in the background, the game won't crash.

picked up the dlc on Friday and played through the new campaign over the weekend. Didn't have any issues with 32gb ram but play sessions where only 1-2 hours each.

the campaign just felt like a slog to get through, the last half was pretty much just skipping dialogue and movies. Didn't care for any of the characters this time around, way worse than the base campaign.

The dlc campaign levelling was weird, so much XP from the campaign turn ins and almost nothing from killing monsters made it feel like the best approach was to just run past everything as all the non elites felt totally pointless

That's pretty much what I did, I also advanced the seasonal quest a bit and ended the campaign around level 57 or so I think. The post-campaign "priority" quests got me to 60 easily. I skipped most of last season so the combination of a new class (and associated uniques) and a few new mechanics is keeping me interested for now, but I can't see me fully min/maxing. It's a shame the general loot is still so bland, there's very little excitement in picking regular stuff up still.

The group activity was kind of interesting, easy enough to work out the mechanics and got through them in a group finder setup without too much difficulty. Hopefully there's a few more layouts to rotate through over the season.

Back
Top Bottom