** Diablo 4 Thread **

Thanks for the expansion overview will try the bae game first and see if it will be worth for me to get the expansion .
You can try base game on Gamepass if you have it. If you're going to buy it get it from a key shop. I paid £58 for the expansion ultimate edition (Blizzard are charging £76 for it)

The "Evade Eagle" spiritborn build is hilarious. Just spam evade and everything dies. I've not got anywhere near good gear and I've unlocked Torment 2 with it.

Will abuse it to farm mats until they inevitably nerf it.

Last edited:
First season for a while where it hasn’t gripped me, feels strange to say it considering where Diablo has been but it feels there’s too much to do now but could feel a little repetitive and slogish.

Last edited:
The seasonal event itself is a little meh, but the dark citadel (group raid) is good are the infernal horde, pit and kurast undercity events, the latter of which is really good for target farming things.

First season for a while where it hasn’t gripped me, feels strange to say it considering where Diablo has been but it feels there’s too much to do now but could feel a little repetitive and slogish.
I feel the same way. This season feels like a slog ; the game isn't hard but it takes longer to do things and the reward/loot system feels unrewarding compared to S4/5. I'm finding lots of bugs, broken quests, missing textures ( for cosmetics ) etc with this expansion. It's clear to me this was rushed out the door and still in beta. Strip all that away and what your left with is a weak season mechanic which has poor QoL features. I might just finish the main campaign and reputation grind for the new region ( so I don't have to do it in future seasons ) and call it a day until S7.

And I don't think it's just us two that feel this way. The expansion is getting a very mixed reception on Steam, metacritic and the Blizzard forums. D4 definitely feels like it has taken one step forward and gone back two overall.

Last edited:
So as someone who has played on and off since launch popping in and out of all the seasons i havent bought the expansion yet as i know its just more of the same.
Yes more endgame activities are there but they are all way too similar with the same net result yet fragmented more.
My main beef with the base game is every area you play in just looks and feels the same Last Epoch , POE even D3 do this so much better.
Combat feels the same regardless of build or class imho.
I might play a bit of the base game with the new season but meh i doubt ill bother paying €40 for effectively one class.

Just had an amazing experience, hit Lv60 and grinded a few mats for tormented bosses to get some unique for my build, found a group through the new people finder and did Zir and got zero useful items for my build. But one person in the group noticed I was lacking the uniques needed to make the build work so asked me to hang on, then traded me the staff and helm, which was kind, then messaged me an hour or two later and gave me the ring a better versions of the staff/helm AND the gear for the evade build.

First time in a long time that I’ve had a stranger help out like that. And it made such a difference up to that point I’d been wondering if the quill Spiritborn build was for me, I was finding it a hard slog killing stuff as I was constantly running out of resources so it was slow killing stuff, with staff/helm it transformed the build into what it should be where I was just zipping through the levels wiping out screens of enemies and that’s without optimised rolls or any form of tempering.

Just dinged 60 too in Expert. Not sure what to focus on next, presumably grind pits? Or nightmare dungeons?

I've got 28 Paragon points carried over from last season. Still got a lot of the expansion main quest to complete, but I'd rather not if I'm not getting anything from it now I'm at level cap

Just dinged 60 too in Expert. Not sure what to focus on next, presumably grind pits? Or nightmare dungeons?

I've got 28 Paragon points carried over from last season. Still got a lot of the expansion main quest to complete, but I'd rather not if I'm not getting anything from it now I'm at level cap
All the end game activities are connected now ... you need to do them all to get the various materials/currencies. NMDs no longer give glyph XP - they give masterworking materials ( and other mats ). Finishing a pit dungeon grants you attempts to level up your glyphs ( a percentage chance - similar to gem levelling in D3 ). And Helltides give you mats for accessing uber-bosses, pit stones etc.

Can't even play ATM as blizzard and steam seem to have utterly ****** up the purchase.

Blizzard support is useless and steam support is none existent, can't even raise a ticket.

Has anyone else had a lot of the game crashing since the expansion came out? It's been terrible for me.
Wouldn’t say I’ve had loads, but certainly had a couple of after several hours of play, a memory leak is a possibility, but also recently upgraded to 24H2 so could be something. Been infrequent enough that I’ve not bothered to look into it deeper.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t say I’ve had loads, but certainly had a couple of after several hours of play, a memory leak is a possibility, but also recently upgraded to 24H2 so could be something. Been infrequent enough that I’ve not bothered to look into it deeper.
Lots of people reporting crashes on Blizz forums and Steam. I've never had any until this season/expansion.

I usually get some freezing/crashing the first day of a season. But this expansion so far has been pretty solid for me. I've only played for a few hours mind.

Back
Top Bottom