** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
*facepalm*
Been a while since I've played it, but as a game about loot and trying different sets/builds etc, it's pretty ***** of them to charge for stash space and limit characters so you can't even create mules.

Mules in D3 isn't really a thing anymore. It's changed quite a bit and is very casual these days.

Soldato
OP
The new quarterly update is out.

Introduction
Skills and Talents
Sorceress Enchant System
Endgame Progression

TLDR:
They are making characters stronger and items weaker, so a players power is not so dependent on items.
More in-depth talent system with a proper skill tree (actually a tree), that has a more fluid progress with meaningful choices for players.
Sorceress enchant system that changes how spells are used depending on whether they are active skills or enchantment skills.
Still hard at work on endgame progression and system, but no further information or announcements on it until Q2 next year.
Next update will look more closely at itemisation changes that they are bringing in to Diablo 4.

Associate
Not sure what to think of D4 at this point. I think some of the things they've shown look pretty nice on the surface, but I just can't help but feel it's going to be pretty basic compared to the main competition of POE, even things like Grim Dawn have far surpassed what D3 was. I think back to when they revealed the changes coming in POE2 and my head was running in circles thinking about all the possibilities, just not had that kind of excitement so far with D4.

It's obviously very early days yet, I don't see this coming out for another couple of years so they have time to develop new ideas. I'm sure it will be fun when it eventually comes around and I'll reserve my judgement until then, but they really need to nail it at release and have a some interesting seasonal content.

Soldato
OP
Loving the itemistation changes they have made; I think they are doing a great job and listening to the community is developing paying off. I'm still a bit concerned that all we are going to wear at end-game is uniques/legendaries and rare's are going to take a back seat much like how Diablo 3 is. I love that they have acknowledged this in the Item Qualities section, but the problem I see is that any legendary effect will realistically put a rare item to shame because the legendary-guaranteed stat is too good to pass up - like on the example they gave in the screenshots; if you have an ability that can constantly knockdown enemies, then the legendary stat to deal 46% additional damage to affected monsters will instantly render any rare null and void no matter the stats of it.

Soldato
Loving the itemistation changes they have made; I think they are doing a great job and listening to the community is developing paying off. I'm still a bit concerned that all we are going to wear at end-game is uniques/legendaries and rare's are going to take a back seat much like how Diablo 3 is. I love that they have acknowledged this in the Item Qualities section, but the problem I see is that any legendary effect will realistically put a rare item to shame because the legendary-guaranteed stat is too good to pass up - like on the example they gave in the screenshots; if you have an ability that can constantly knockdown enemies, then the legendary stat to deal 46% additional damage to affected monsters will instantly render any rare null and void no matter the stats of it.

Yeah there's a problem with the Yellow and Legendry's atm

In Diablo 2 Yellows could often be better than Legendry's, but some legendry's were superior for many builds and still required to farm. Current D4 has meaningless Yellows as 4x affixs are the same as Legendary, with the 4th being a stat that looks superior to any normal yellow affix, plus they max roll the same as a legendary unlike Blue items. It's still early days but they need to make sure there's a good reason to consider yellows over leg's at max level.

Skill tree still needs reworked imo, but this update was the most positive so far.

Soldato
D2 remaster looks good, but after Warcraft Refudged I'll be waiting until its released. D4 looks ok, seemed pretty slow paced, but then I have spent the past 7 years playings PoE which is now very zoom zoom in comparison.

Associate
D2 trailer looked good but taking with a massive grain of salt after the wc3 abomination, diablo 4 looks pretty but going off recent blizzard it will be shallow af, going to have some stiff competition with poe 2

Soldato
D2 trailer looked good but taking with a massive grain of salt after the wc3 abomination, diablo 4 looks pretty but going off recent blizzard it will be shallow af, going to have some stiff competition with poe 2

There's a lot of internet stories and rumours that the D2 remake was scrapped and started over after the WC Reforged fiasco. But still I'm also very cautious how this will turn out.

Back
Top Bottom