** Diablo 4 Thread **

Associate
Played Sorcerer first beta, fancy Rogue this time around, although all the classes look pretty decent. Did see rumours of a hidden class, wonder if that will prove true, or maybe released as a DLC.

Soldato
the control changes are nice

- uncombine
- mouse 1 to Move & Interact

Mouse scroll move also work if you untick zoom on wheel, takes a while to get used to but very useful

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Remember, holding shift allows you to range attack without moving. This is my first Diablo game so wasn't aware when I tried the last test (as a Sourcerer).

Rolled a Rogue this time, plays nicely. Very smooth and flows really well.

Soldato
See that they have still limited you to Windowed or Windowed (full screen). Full screen seems to have been removed since the 2nd beta, cannot enable HDR nor set fps as cannot select a display.

getting some slight stuttering every now and then.

Went rouge this time round, see that some of the alter locations have changed as well.

Soldato
Straight to Druid to try it out again. Feels like it's taking a lot less damage this time. The boss fight with Neyrell's mother and those succubus creatures with all the red crap flying around was much easier. I like it so far.

Man of Honour
Well I felt like my Barbarian was doing better, right up until I encountered the Broodguard (the spider that throws out poison and webs everywhere) and he promply annihilated my Barb who failed to even get it down to half health :)

Man of Honour
Still left with the same feeling that I'm not really having fun playing this game. Feels a bit like work. Maybe work is more fun even.
On the plus side, at least these free weekends have allowed you to find that out before you spend any money on it, every game cant be for every person but at least this is one that you know doesnt click with you and thats saved you some money. One of the reasons why every game should have a free beta/demo weekend imo

Associate
Wow. Not having fun this time around with the beta. Balance seems out of whack : crap loot ( barely even any yellow items ), increased mob density ( have already hit lvl 20 just running about on the overworld map ) and annoyingly hard dungeons that feel like "nightmare" level rather than world tier 2 ( full of elite mobs with abilities that stunlock you for several seconds or longer ). It's actually making me think about cancelling my pre-order.

Soldato
aha, balance to me feels much better as we're only hitting lvl 20 so 1/3rd of levelling. Rogue twisting blade build with poison trap is happily clearing content with no legendries equipped at lvl20

Hopefully they will taper the amount of legendries and aspects as we move up to max level

Soldato
Has anybody with a 4080 had issues with the beta? It mostly runs fine but every now and again the gpu usage will drop massively and the game will stutter for a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom