** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
I did briefly play during the last open beta and might give it another go this weekend just for a change and as I'm not planning on buying the game at all at the moment given its current price. If it ever goes on sale I will probably buy it.

Caporegime
I'm very excited for D4. I'm trying really hard to not give Blizzard any more money but the 4 day early access is very tempting, I might have to upgrade to the Digital Deluxe.
Was thinking about buying D1 on GoG and reliving the good old days :p Such amazing atmosphere and music (and obvs, great game!).

Hated almost everything about D3 when I played it. But it's also not easy to say exactly what was wrong. D1 (and also D2) just nailed everything so well, and the atmosphere was spot on. D3 felt like a game with no soul. Nothing to draw me into the world. It was, I guess, a functional looting game, but not compelling. The story fell flat, and the story-telling wasn't in the same league. Felt too much like a children's cartoon, honestly. Not dark, grim, gritty, eery; more like an episode of He-Man. Playing D1 I was unnerved and tense the whole time. D3 did not recapture those feelings.

I only played D3 once, to completion, and never wanted to pick it back up again. D1 still calls to me all these years later. Nostalgia or better game design? I'd like to think the latter.

To the Diablo vets: how does D4 *feel*?

Soldato
It has the darker feel, not cartoony, but it's not really possible to feel like D2 without actually being D2. It's different...
What I didn't like about the beta was the camera being so zoomed in, feels like a console game because they want you to see cosmetics from your sofa.
As for gameplay, it felt a lot like wow, being guided around by quests that are not particularly interesting, and a lot of dialog/cutscenes you just skip because they're a yawn fest. That might not matter once you've done the story once as you just skip the story on your next char.
Curious to see how much, if any, of that has changed in the server slam this weekend. Still very much on the fence about whether I'll buy it or not.

Last edited:
Permabanned
It has the darker feel, not cartoony, but it's not really possible to feel like D2 without actually being D2. It's different...
What I didn't like about the beta was the camera being so zoomed in, feels like a console game because they want you to see cosmetics from your sofa.
As for gameplay, it felt a lot like wow, being guided around by quests that are not particularly interesting, and a lot of dialog/cutscenes you just skip because they're a yawn fest. That might not matter once you've done the story once as you just skip the story on your next char.
Curious to see how much, if any, of that has changed in the server slam this weekend. Still very much on the fence about whether I'll buy it or not.
I have seen a lot of people mention camera being really zoomed in, I haven't found it an issue personally, but I am on ultrawide so that could make a difference.
I am also on the fence about buying it, it's not really doing anything for me, not like D3 did anyway... I'll give it another go this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom