** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
Yeah sorry about that, but it grinds my gears when people use the "woe is me, nhs blah blah" everyone I know that works for the NHS from junior positions to senior ranks on band 7+ are more than happy. Would they be happier with more money, sure but so would everyone else.

Anyway D4 @ £60 is good value, your going to get at least 20 hours out of it, if not more. Which is way more than most games provide these days.

Man of Honour
I mean its gone a bit into salary territory but my salary has gone up by over 10k this year so far, so Diablo 4 isnt exactly going to put me on welfare, especially not for the several hundred hours I'll get out of it.

Soldato
Did you miss the "jokes aside" bit on the next line?

No.

I mean its gone a bit into salary territory but my salary has gone up by over 10k this year so far, so Diablo 4 isnt exactly going to put me on welfare, especially not for the several hundred hours I'll get out of it.

I don't get the constant moaning about things being too expensive, yes everything has gone up, it shouldn't be a surprise by now!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm trying to find a basic summary of what D4 is. I've not played any of the previous games. Is this single player or can you play in groups?

Yes you can play it solo not sure about co-op, it is an 'ARPG' similar games are Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile. Exile is free to play so you could just install that and see if the gameplay is to your liking, it doesn't vary beyond different skills. These games rely on the dopamine hit from getting better gear, there is usually a story and after that some people like to repeat the same things to get better gear which allows them to, well, do the same thing and try and get even better gear.
Some just play the story and call it a day (me).

Edit: I think some of them have competitive leagues but don't really know how they work.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes you can play it solo not sure about co-op, it is an 'ARPG' similar games are Titan Quest, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile. Exile is free to play so you could just install that and see if the gameplay is to your liking, it doesn't vary beyond different skills. These games rely on the dopamine hit from getting better gear, there is usually a story and after that some people like to repeat the same things to get better gear which allows them to, well, do the same thing and try and get even better gear.
Really not my cup of tea!

Upgrade gear to kill things quicker to get bettter gear to kill things even quicker.

Soldato

Edit: I think some of them have competitive leagues but don't really know how they work.
Isn't there an open beta soon for D4? If so I may give that a go and see what it's like.

Soldato
Really not my cup of tea!

Upgrade gear to kill things quicker to get bettter gear to kill things even quicker.

And yet people play things like League of Legends for thousands of hours.

Join game with party, win or lose game, join queue to play game again.

Nature of playing most games is that you enjoy the loop/experience until you no longer want to play it. I don't think there is any game or franchise I could play for eternity, that's why new games and changes that mix things up are important.

D4 will at least have ongoing development and changes as time passes.

Soldato
I enjoy it to a point, but there needs to be a bigger goal for me I think. I guess leader boards or something could scratch the slightly competitive itch. Also, I know I'm going to get bollocked for saying this on a PC game thread but I will probably play this with controller as I really enjoyed D3 on t he PS with one.

Soldato
Ok so you can play co-op and in groups up to 4. This is sounding more promising, I'd rather play with other people than just solo. I think I've played too many MMO's, single player AAA games struggle to keep my interest.

Associate
I enjoy it to a point, but there needs to be a bigger goal for me I think. I guess leader boards or something could scratch the slightly competitive itch. Also, I know I'm going to get bollocked for saying this on a PC game thread but I will probably play this with controller as I really enjoyed D3 on t he PS with one.
The game's cross platform, so you can play with a controller on PC or you can even play with a controller on a console - and be in a party with your friends on PC.

Back
Top Bottom